Machu Picchu Sports & Outdoors Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Machu Picchu Sports & Outdoors: 9 reviews and 8 photos
thanks Doreen for giving it a try :)
Backpacking is a great sport. You get to commune with nature, test yourself against the elements, and expend great amounts of energy to get from one oasis to another. The best part is when it's over, the sense of accomplishment that always comes with reaching your goal. It always brings a smile to my face.
Equipment: Backpack is essential and get a decent one as you will have it on your back for 8 hours a day. Good waterproofs can't be overestimated. You can't stay warm, unless you stay dry. Bring warms clothes even if it's hot when you start. Hat is THE most important thing here. One to keep the sun off your head and another to keep the heat in. Good boots and socks or your feet will pay for what you were too cheap to buy.
More Reviews (29)
- See All bring some snacks, really
- paucarcancha ruins
- See All not only the Incas, but now the local...
- See All walking in the footsteps of the Incas
- See All stock up in Cusco
- See All sometimes it's better not to know
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Machu Picchu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Inca Trail"
- "Machu Picchu"
- "Magical Machu Picchu in Rainy Season"
- "Lost City of the Incas"
- "This is what we call sharing on the Inca Trail"
- "EL CAMINO DEL INCA - DAY 1"
- "Machu Picchu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Machu Picchu
- Hotels in Machu Picchu
- Transportation in Machu Picchu
- Nightlife in Machu Picchu
- Restaurants in Machu Picchu
- Shopping in Machu Picchu
- Warnings and Dangers in Machu Picchu
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sunken Meadow State Park Hotels
- Ugborough Hotels
- Red Beach Hotels
- Cowcreek Hotels
- Bad Ems
Badges & Stats in Machu Picchu
- 30 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Machu Picchu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Machu Picchu
- Commented on one of willy_wonka's Machu Picchu travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Wrote a Review lots of film about Photo Equipment / Film in Machu Picchu What to Pack
- updated a Machu Picchu Travel Page "This is what we call sharing on the Inca Trail"
- Uploaded a Photo to "baby beef hearts on a stick!"
Photos in Machu PicchuSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Machu Picchu hotel reviews
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge
- 616 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Inkaterra Machu Picchu
- 776 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Machu Picchu Inn
- 288 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel
- 430 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Rupawasi Condor House
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hostal Machu Picchu
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 17, 2012
- Santuario Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- Huayna Picchu- 33 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Inca Trail- 46 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Aguas Caliente- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Llamas / Other Animals- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Ruins- 30 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Temples- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Scenery- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Sacred City- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Main Gate- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Sacred Plaza- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Machu Picchu Things to Do