Machu Picchu Restaurant Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Machu Picchu Restaurants: 19 reviews and 20 photos
baby beef heats anyone?
Obviously, if you sign up for a guided trek of the Inca Trail, all your meals will be prepared for you en route. It makes for a nice departure to normal backpacking, where you have to cook and clean up for yourself. Once you arrive in Machu Picchu, there are some expensive restaurants and also a small cafeteria, which serves pretty tasty if a bit pricey food. It is far cheaper to eat in Aguas Caliente, where you will catch the train back to Cusco.
Favorite Dish: Food on the trail was generally good, ranging from fried fish the first day to spaghetti. In general though, it never seemed like enough. You burn lots of calories on the trail and need more food than you would normally. Bring extra stuff with you for sure! The cafeteria in Machu Picchu had a really great chicken salad sandwich but you will want another as soon as you finish it. In Aguas Caliente, there are numerous street stalls and in the main market, very cheap and tasty local foods. This picture is of baby beef heart kebabs, served on a stick with a potato on top. Sounds gross but really great. And at 30 cents, tough to beat.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: It's a small town, just wander around and follow your nose.
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (29)
- See All bring some snacks, really
- paucarcancha ruins
- See All not only the Incas, but now the local...
- See All walking in the footsteps of the Incas
- backpacking is a great sport!
- See All stock up in Cusco
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Machu Picchu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Inca Trail"
- "Machu Picchu"
- "Magical Machu Picchu in Rainy Season"
- "Lost City of the Incas"
- "This is what we call sharing on the Inca Trail"
- "EL CAMINO DEL INCA - DAY 1"
- "Machu Picchu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Machu Picchu
- Hotels in Machu Picchu
- Transportation in Machu Picchu
- Nightlife in Machu Picchu
- Restaurants in Machu Picchu
- Shopping in Machu Picchu
- Warnings and Dangers in Machu Picchu
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Sapi Hotels
- Miami Beach Hotels
- Manori Hotels
- Port Dickson Hotels
- Ocean City Hotels
- Iloilo City Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Sentul Hotels
- Srinagar Hotels
- Bali Hotels
- Bohol Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Jelutong Hotels
- Manayunk Hotels
- Laoag City
- Pulau Babi Besar Hotels
Badges & Stats in Machu Picchu
- 30 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Machu Picchu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Machu Picchu
- Commented on one of willy_wonka's Machu Picchu travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Wrote a Review lots of film about Photo Equipment / Film in Machu Picchu What to Pack
- updated a Machu Picchu Travel Page "This is what we call sharing on the Inca Trail"
- Uploaded a Photo to "baby beef hearts on a stick!"
Photos in Machu PicchuSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Machu Picchu hotel reviews
- Inkaterra Machu Picchu
- 930 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge
- 723 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel
- 520 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- Machu Picchu Inn
- 369 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Hostal Machu Picchu
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 17, 2012
- Rupawasi Condor House
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Santuario Hotel
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Huayna Picchu- 33 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Llamas / Other Animals- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Inca Trail- 46 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Aguas Caliente- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Ruins- 30 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Temples- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Main Gate- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Scenery- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Sacred Plaza- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Terraces- 9 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Machu Picchu Things to Do