Ollantaitambo Off The Beaten Path Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Ollantaitambo Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 7 photos
just out of reach...this time
On the opposite hill in Ollantaitambo, there are another set of ruins which look ominous from below. You can't escape them when you are there, they always catch your eye. In fact, the first few photos I saw of the town showed these and not the more visited ones! I could see faint trails heading up that way, but there was little time to try and find them. Lucky I had my zoom to at least get a photo of it, but next time, I'm going up there...
a bird's eye view
I saw a path in the ruins of Ollantaitambo that seemed to climb to the very top of the fortress. I made my way up there, grabbing roots and rocks on my way. I didn't make it all the way, but considerably higher than I had started. It was a great view but of course, the trip down wasn't as much fun.
the backstreets of Ollantaitambo
The village of Ollantaitambo is built on Inca foundations and is considered the best example of their tradtional city planning. The blocks were called canchas and you can enjoy a stroll through them as the sun goes down and the tourist buses trickle out.
More Reviews (23)
- See All before you go...
- a photo partner
- See All Market of Ollantaitambo
- amazing stonework
- See All steps are helpful
- watch your head...
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Ollantaitambo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On not taking the easy way: The Sacred Valley"
- "El Valle Sagrado"
- "The end of the Sacred Valley"
- "a surviving example of an inca grid system!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ollantaitambo
- Hotels in Ollantaitambo
- Transportation in Ollantaitambo
- Nightlife in Ollantaitambo
- Restaurants in Ollantaitambo
- Shopping in Ollantaitambo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Ollantaitambo
- 26 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Ollantaitambo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ollantaitambo
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of TracyLB's Ollantaitambo travel pages
- Wrote a Review next time, I'm going here... in Ollantaitambo Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Ollantaitambo Travel Page "On not taking the easy way: The Sacred Valley"
- Uploaded a Photo to "a photo partner"
Photos in OllantaitamboSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos