"Latacunga: You Can Taste the Authenticity" Top 5 Page for this destination Latacunga by richiecdisc
Latacunga Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 152 photos
On first glance, Latacunga is a mere transport hub in the Andean plateau of Ecuador south of Quito. Its close proximity to the lumbering volcano Cotopaxi ensures a steady flow of transients. Most visitors to Ecuador that are using ground transportation will have to pass through it at some point and many never see anything aside from the bus terminal. For those that get stuck there it can be a pleasant surprise. Not because it is a beautiful city per se but because it is an authentic one. That it is one with noisy western leanings might disturb some but its mix with old Andean culture is an exciting jumble. No, Latacunga will not charm you perhaps but for those who investigate a reward of experiencing the real Ecuador awaits. Oh, and don?t forget to try the chugchucaras !
Latacunga is not known throughout Ecuador just for chugchucaras but actually most for La Mama Negra Fiesta. It takes... more travel advice
Molinos de Monserrat is a former Jesuit watermill that now houses the Casa de la Cultura. The small art/ethnology museum... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Latacunga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Latacunga: You Can Taste the Authenticity"
- "What a nice place !!! Que c'est sympa ici !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Latacunga
- Hotels in Latacunga
- Transportation in Latacunga
- Nightlife in Latacunga
- Restaurants in Latacunga
- Shopping in Latacunga
- Warnings and Dangers in Latacunga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Latacunga
- 16 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Latacunga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Latacunga
Photos in LatacungaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos