Laguna Quilotoa Nightlife Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Laguna Quilotoa Nightlife: 1 reviews and 1 photos
cute little local girls put on quite a show
Nightlife in the Andes is pretty slim. That’s okay, it’s really a place to relax and get away from the hustle bustle of everyday life anyway. There are not a lot of sights but there are lots of roads to walk down or up as is generally the case in the mountains. After a day of exploring on foot kicking back is about a perfect an activity as you’re likely to find. So, sitting around the hostel and talking to fellow travelers is common. At the one in Chugchilán they had a great space for this resplendent with a wood burning stove that fought off the chilly night mountain air. Since the rooms were very small and really only good for sleeping, everyone congregated in there as close to the fire as they could get. They had beer, wine, soft drinks and even hard alcohol which you drank on the honor system and a nice old movie popcorn machine which was gratis as long as you were drinking. We spent a few fun nights in there but the best was when a contingent of small local girls came by in traditional dress and danced to folk music typical of the area. They were incredibly cute and by the end everyone was up dancing with some gentle cajoling from them. Some of the tunes were particularly catchy and we had met a couple of English travelers prior to coming to Chugchilán who were madly searching for one song in particular to no avail. They sang it out to us and once we heard it in person we too became enthralled with it. We never found it either but it remains one of the great auditory memories of the trip. Maybe someday we’ll hear it again. I hope so.
Dress Code: The little girls dressed in traditional garb but we opted for something warm though once the fire got going we could peel off a layer or two.
More Reviews (23)
- See All customs are changing
- backpacking gets you where the buses...
- our kind of backpacking
- getting around is part of the fun
- not for the faint hearted
- try the local produce and baked goods
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Laguna Quilotoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keep me in the Quilotoa Loop"
- "Quilotoa and Laguna Quilotoa"
- "The emerald mirror"
- "Beautiful, but cold"
- "Laguna Quilotoa"
- "Laguna Quilotoa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Quilotoa
- Hotels in Laguna Quilotoa
- Transportation in Laguna Quilotoa
- Nightlife in Laguna Quilotoa
- Restaurants in Laguna Quilotoa
- Shopping in Laguna Quilotoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Quilotoa
- See All...
Explore the World
- Spa Hotels
- Thebes Hotels
- Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler
- Perazica Do Hotels
- Shikellamy State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Laguna Quilotoa
- 24 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Laguna Quilotoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Quilotoa
Photos in Laguna QuilotoaSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Laguna Quilotoa hotel reviews
- Hostal Cabanas Quilotoa
- 1 Review & Opinion