Cali Warnings Or Dangers Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Cali Warnings and Dangers: 6 reviews and 4 photos
things to avoid late night in Cali?
Cali is a big city and one in South America so there are precautions that need to be taken but probably not more so than in similar cities of its size, especially on its continent. We spent two nights there and had no problems whatsoever. It was about the sixth week of a two month trip to Colombia which had gone without incident aside from a druggie getting a bit too close our second day in Bogota. We learned not to let anyone get that close after that.
We walked just about everywhere but heeded warnings about areas not to explore. We took cabs when it looked like the safest and smartest option. We always kept our wits about us, watched in all directions. We didn't carry a lot of money around and never flashed any of it when on the street. We do have nice cameras but tried to be careful when we pulled them out and carried them in unobtrusive bags rather than big "camera" bags. But my guess is the thing that kept us out of trouble the most is we were not out much past dark. We had dinner, and maybe one drink and back to our room we would go. We may have missed out on some late night fun but we got lots of great photos in the morning when the light was best. This might have been the case in Cali photo-wise but it still worked for when it came to not having any problems.
looking pretty but pretty stinky
The name Rio Cali conjures up something beautiful in my mind and its setting in town, running right through the scenic Centenario is stunning but you will notice something when crossing it from any bridge, and that is its smell. It seems all of the city's sewage is dumped into it in raw form, such is the stench of the mighty Rio Cali.
More Reviews (30)
- See All Centenario
- a zoom for Cali? You betcha.
- taxis can be pricey but a good option
- See All a bit out of our range but looked nice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Cali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorful Cali: Who's Watching Who?"
- "Cali -- Why are people so afraid?"
- "A short visit to Cali"
- "The Queen City of Colombia"
- "My Cali trip."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cali
- Hotels in Cali
- Transportation in Cali
- Nightlife in Cali
- Restaurants in Cali
- Shopping in Cali
- Warnings and Dangers in Cali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cali
- 32 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Cali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cali
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos