"A real slice of Colombians at Laguna de la Cocha" Laguna La Cocha by richiecdisc
Laguna La Cocha Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 24 photos
At twenty kilometers long and five kilometers wide, Laguna de la Cocha is not only a huge but also a stunning lake. The name cocha means lagoon in the native Quechua language. With a backdrop of rolling verdant hills, this mist-enshrouded gem features an idyllic island perfect for boat excursions. That this very island is home to an evergreen cloud forest that warrants its being a national park only adds luster to an already irresistible package. The thoroughly atmospheric affair is perhaps the top attraction of nearby Pasto even though it's a good 45 minutes away by taxi, the only way to get there by “public” transportation.
The gateway town of Las Cochas is very touristy but in a hokey kind of charming way and though it can become overrun, it is entirely by Colombians and perhaps a few stray Ecuadorians escaped from just over the border. So, this is no gringo-laden place to grab banana pancakes and if you are looking for a real slice of Colombia, this is it.
While I'm sure many come here for a night or two, it is mainly a day trip destination so you don't need to bring much.... more travel advice
Though admiring Laguna de la Cocha from afar is not to be missed, a boat trip on it is a must if you've come all this... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Laguna La Cocha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A real slice of Colombians at Laguna de la Cocha"
- Create a Laguna La Cocha Travel Page
- Things to Do in Laguna La Cocha
- Transportation in Laguna La Cocha
- Restaurants in Laguna La Cocha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laguna La Cocha
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Laguna La Cocha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna La Cocha
- updated a Laguna La Cocha Travel Page "A real slice of Colombians at Laguna de la Cocha"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A real slice of Colombians at Laguna de la Cocha"
- Wrote a Review a perfect place to bring your other half in Laguna La Cocha What to Pack
Photos in Laguna La CochaSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos