"Reaching out for San Gil" San Gil by richiecdisc

San Gil Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 87 photos

A noted center of numerous outdoor activities, San Gil promotes itself well to adrenaline junkies bent on taking full advantage of its scenic location at relatively low South American prices for enjoying such things compared to “back home.” It is also a natural transit hub for those wanting to break a journey north or south on Colombia's considerably long bus routes. What seems to get lost in this mix is what a truly authentic and totally serviceable town San Gil is in its own right. So, for those not hooked on the highs of extreme sports nor worried about ten hours bus trips, it's still a worthwhile place for a night or two not only for its charming environs but also to see Colombia up close and personal on a nice small scale.

• Last visit to San Gil: Jan 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2010

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Wow, Richie - it looks like I have some catching up to do! Loved your photos of scenic and historic San Gil. Great hotel and restaurant tips as always and their prices look hard to beat!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I should be building pages myself but couldn't resist continuing to explore Columbia with you ;-) Love the two Parques especially! People watching is such a great way to learn about a country ...

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Some stunning photos. Before I even visited here, for some reason it was already seems to be my favourite place in this country ;-)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Hello young lovers! enjoyed this page. The dew drops on Lush Flora made me thirsty. Great pics richie! Nice how you put things in perspective on yr pages. :)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I was also amazed by Parque El Gallineral and those hairy trees!! Haha, I see we found the same spot to spend the evening - with a beer or two, of course ;) During the day I was always away so I actually never dined in San Gil.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Fine photos and texts as always!

• Oct 11, 2010 at 4:37 PM

fantastic photos as usual richie! i love the look of the parque, all those trees - simply magic!

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I am glad you kept your "catch" to yourself...without my glasses I would not have seen it anyway ;)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Oh my god, now that I see these limes on the chicken, I know how much I miss them!! They are so tasty (I am this lemon lover...). Nice little town it seems and so marvellously lush and green! I'd love this park as well!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in San Gil

Have you been to San Gil?

Latest Activity in San Gil