Parque Tayrona Packing List Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Parque Tayrona What to Pack: 5 reviews and 7 photos
a Blue Heron
Luggage and bags: This is a backpacker's park and having one will enable you to move around the park more easily and much more cheaply.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Hiking boots are a luxury but one you'll be glad you have when clamoring over rocks. Strap sandals are great for day hikes and at camp. Long pants and shirts are nice to keep mozzies at bay but didn't really see so many of them. Didn't need rain hear at all but did have it. Bathing suits truly are a must. This is a great place to swim.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen and mosquito repellent are musts though the latter was not needed when we were there in February 2010. It was a very dry year in Colombia and hence not so many of them.
Photo Equipment: A wide angle is great for bringing things into the foreground of your photos to make them more interesting. A great zoom comes in handy for capturing all the wildlife you are likely to encounter. I was very happy to have one with image stabilization as many of these opportunities were in low light.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Our tent finally came in handy, saving us from renting one or having to spend our nights in hammocks. Mats and sleeping bags made our stay more comfortable. A backpacking camp stove saved us money on eating out especially since we had food left over from an earlier trek!
Miscellaneous: Thanks to D for being a great beach-combing mate. She deserved this little break after completing both the El Cocuy and Ciudad Perdida treks. Bruise or no bruise, she still looks great in a bikini too. ;)
More Reviews (29)
- parks fees are high
- See All that content again
- See All toucans
- getting there was easy
- hiking in Tayrona
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Parque Tayrona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Tale of Two Toucans in Tayrona"
- "Parque Nacional Tayrona"
- "Tayrona National Park, Colombia's Caribbean Coast"
- "...HEAVEN FOUND..."
- "A tropical paradise"
- "Parque Tayrona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Tayrona
- Hotels in Parque Tayrona
- Transportation in Parque Tayrona
- Nightlife in Parque Tayrona
- Restaurants in Parque Tayrona
- Shopping in Parque Tayrona
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Tayrona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Denali National Park and Preserve What to Pack
- Luxembourg What to Pack
- Legaspi City What to Pack
- Santa Catalina Island What to Pack
- Zagora What to Pack
- Lesotho What to Pack
- General advices
- Vladivostok What to Pack
- Romania What to Pack
- Cuba What to Pack
- Dress in Layers
- Namib-Naukluft Park What to Pack
Badges & Stats in Parque Tayrona
- 30 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Parque Tayrona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Tayrona
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "that content again"
- Commented on one of Kindra's Parque Tayrona travel pages
- Wrote a Review parks fees are high in Parque Tayrona Local Customs
- updated a Parque Tayrona Travel Page "A Tale of Two Toucans in Tayrona"
Photos in Parque TayronaSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos