"A gem not hidden: Villa de Leyva" Top 5 Page for this destination Villa de Leiva by richiecdisc
Villa de Leiva Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 431 photos
Though no longer the hidden gem Colonial town of yore, Villa de Leyva remains not only one of Colombia's can't miss attractions but also one of its most charming if not totally unspoiled destinations. For the well-healed it has perhaps the greatest variety of eating/nightlife options outside of the big cities and one would be hard-pressed to not be impressed with its plethora of white-washed Colonial buildings set on seemingly endless cobblestone streets.
With its proximity to Bogota it is no wonder it can be overrun on weekends with the capital's inhabitants looking for a piece of a rapidly disappearing simpler time but if you time your visit for mid-week, you should find the town every bit as charming if a bit more expensive than in its less glorified if more glorious past. However you slice it, Villa de Leyva awaits.
Villa de Leyva is certainly well on the gringo trail but not as convenient as nearby hub town Tunja which you pretty... more travel advice
The bus station is a bit of a walk from the town center and with cobblestone streets you can forget about wheeled... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Villa de Leiva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A gem not hidden: Villa de Leyva"
- "Charming Villa de Leyva"
- "Villa de Leyva"
- "Villa de Leiva"
- "Villa de Leyva - the most charming colonial town"
- "Colonial Perfection"
- "Enjoying the past"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villa de Leiva
- Hotels in Villa de Leiva
- Transportation in Villa de Leiva
- Nightlife in Villa de Leiva
- Restaurants in Villa de Leiva
- Shopping in Villa de Leiva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villa de Leiva
- 21 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Villa de Leiva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villa de Leiva
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A gem not hidden: Villa de Leyva"
- updated a Villa de Leiva Travel Page "A gem not hidden: Villa de Leyva"
- Wrote a Review not quite a hub in Villa de Leiva Transportation
- Commented on one of mircaskirca's Villa de Leiva travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos