"A little too early or too late in Copacabana" Top 5 Page for this destination Copacabana by richiecdisc
Copacabana Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 293 photos
Some places creep up on you and are such a pleasant surprise that traveling takes on more meaning than a mere aim and conquer mentality. It is typical to choose a destination, research it, and culminate the process by going and doing all the "things" you set out to do. Expectations are met, surpassed or fallen short of but always play a part in the perception of such places. South America has its share of destinations that take over your imagination long before you arrive but often it is the ones you did not plan on that get inside you. Copacabana in Bolivia was one such place for me. Much like Puno in Peru, it is a place you nearly have to pass through when traveling between the two countries en route of Lake Titicaca. But that is where the similarity ends. Copacabana does not overwhelm you; it seeps into you with a quiet restraint and quiet timeless streets. It's incredibly clean by South American standards and though obviously a tourist destination, it retains a true local flavor. Indeed, you can tell that Bolivians come to Copacabana because it is so special. A longtime sacred site of first the Tiwanaku and then the Incas, the city enjoys religious pilgrimages to this day with its Stations of the Cross. With Lake Titicaca at its doorstep and a mild sunny climate, it's a place you can certainly lose yourself for a few days. Sometimes that's more fun than doing "things" anyway.
Wide angle is great for the massive Lake Titicaca and a circular polarizer is nearly indispensable with the high... more travel advice
According to legend, la Isla del Sol is the birthplace of the first Inca, Manco Capac and his sister-wife, Mama Occllo.... more travel advice
- See All impulses can be nice
- See All think globally, drink locally
- hiking is a great sport!
- See All local crafts on Isla del Sol
- See All fishing boats double as transport
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Copacabana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A little too early or too late in Copacabana"
- "COPACABANA TOWN..."
- "Copacabana and the Lake Titicaca Area"
- "At the Copacabana"
- "Beach and pilgrims"
- "Copacabana. Church"
- "lake titicaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copacabana
- Hotels in Copacabana
- Transportation in Copacabana
- Nightlife in Copacabana
- Restaurants in Copacabana
- Shopping in Copacabana
- Warnings and Dangers in Copacabana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copacabana
- 34 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Copacabana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copacabana
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of cachaseiro's Copacabana travel pages
- updated a Copacabana Travel Page "A little too early or too late in Copacabana"
- Uploaded a Photo to "a little too late or too early?"
- Wrote a Review loading your camera in Copacabana What to Pack
Photos in CopacabanaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos