"Under the table in the Salar de Uyuni" Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni by richiecdisc
Uyuni Travel Guide: 299 reviews and 907 photos
Often times the places hardest to get to turn out to be the best and perhaps seem all the better for the effort it takes to get there. The surreal landscape surrounding and encompassing The Salar de Uyuni is one such destination. Situated on the Bolivian altiplano, this bizarre congregation of multi-colored lakes, active volcanoes, rare wildlife, and its focal and inexhaustibly huge salt plain cannot but help leave even the most jaded traveler with mouth agape. Any one of its many sights would warrant investigation. But the odd jumbled mixture of pink flamingos feeding in a near iridescent orange lake with a green volcano looming in the background is awe-inspiring. That it comes on the heels of traversing a vast near blinding white plain of salt is all the more baffling. Add to this, the weather beaten towns that dot this harsh terrain along with their hardy inhabitants and you have all the makings for an adventure not to be missed. So, take the crazy overnight bus ride from La Paz down to Uyuni, sign up for a 4-wheel drive tour of this special and rare landscape. You might not ever do it again, but you will be glad you did it just that once.
You are only allowed a small pack on the trip due to lack of space on the truck. We just put all of our stuff in one of... more travel advice
You see a lot of llamas on your travels around Bolivia and Peru, and enough alpaccas too, but vicunas, their wild and... more travel advice
- See All Isla Pecado
- See All Laguna Colorado from a bit higher up
- See All marking their llamas
- the old dog in the door hole jump
- local shops
- See All just in case...
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Uyuni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uyuni Tour(3.650 m to 4.300m)"
- "Under the table in the Salar de Uyuni"
- "Uyuni and Details for 4WD Tours North and South"
- "The Great Salar and Lagunas Tour"
- "EL SALAR DE UYUNI"
- "Uyuni and surrunding areas"
- "where tourists rules"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uyuni
- Hotels in Uyuni
- Transportation in Uyuni
- Nightlife in Uyuni
- Restaurants in Uyuni
- Shopping in Uyuni
- Warnings and Dangers in Uyuni
- See All...
Explore the World
- Silvassa Hotels
- Lago di Como
- Iloilo City
- Riggsville Hotels
- Lake Superior Provincial Park Hotels
- Freeport City
- Deer Creek State Park Hotels
- Whitemarsh Island Hotels
- Sutton Hotels
- Zell am See
- Ile de Jerba
- Giardini Naxos
Badges & Stats in Uyuni
- 38 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Uyuni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uyuni
Photos in UyuniSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Uyuni hotel reviews
- Hotel Takya de Sal
- 6 Reviews & Opinions