Can Tho Transportation Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Can Tho Transportation: 4 reviews and 5 photos
remember to fit your boat to the river
It seems the easiest and oddly enough, cheapest way to tour the Mekong Delta is on an organized tour. I spoke with a few intrepid travelers and though they enjoyed their solo sojourns into the region; it was not as easy or cheap as they anticipated. Don’t get me wrong, it was not an expensive area by any means, but the tours are such great value, it is hard to pass them up. We paid 873,000 dong ($55) for the both of us and this included our transport by bus into the Delta region, two nights in air-conditioned double rooms (Cantho and Chau Doc), two breakfasts, one lunch, numerous boat and bus trips around the region, and a boat/bus to Phnom Penh in Cambodia. That’s less than ten bucks a day and it was a well run trip at that. The boat trips in particular were great fun and ranged from tours of the floating markets to navigating more narrow rivers to local villages. Good stuff. We used Sinh Cafe out of Saigon (linked with Capital in Cambodia) but there are loads of other outfitters so shop around to keep them honest. ;)
Phone: 8 376833
More Reviews (20)
- See All have a pineapple or two
- See All a more work-like factory
- See All the last place I expected a mosque
- they always get you at the border
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Can Tho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mekong Delta Monkey Blues & the Special Room"
- "The Gate To the MEKONG DELTA"
- "Hello! Welcome to Can Tho"
- "Can Tho and Mekong Delta"
- "Mekong Delta"
- "The Mekong Delta - Can Tho"
- "Can Tho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Can Tho
- Hotels in Can Tho
- Transportation in Can Tho
- Restaurants in Can Tho
- Shopping in Can Tho
- Warnings and Dangers in Can Tho
- See All...
Explore the World
- Berlingen Hotels
- Sum-ag Hotels
- Bellflower Hotels
- Springvale South Hotels
Badges & Stats in Can Tho
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Can Tho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Can Tho
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of atobol's Can Tho travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mekong Delta Monkey Blues"
- updated a Can Tho Travel Page "The Mekong Delta Monkey Blues & the Special Room"
- Wrote a Review have a pineapple or two in Can Tho Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Can Tho hotel reviews
- Hau Giang Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Saigon CanTho Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Ninh Kieu Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Huy Hoang Hotel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Victoria Can Tho Hotel
- 289 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Kimtho Hotel
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013