"Seeing Eye to Eye with Bangkok" Bangkok by richiecdisc
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,353 reviews and 22,990 photos
Bangkok is a feast for the eyes, nose and ears; it bombards you as soon as you set foot there. Brash and unashamed, it mixes old world temples with modern day chaos, all the while remaining perhaps the most interesting of big Asian cities. Sexually infamous, its spicy culinary delicacies often get lost in the visual assault of neon lights and tight skirted escorts of either gender. The whiff of spices entice you in every direction at once and soon you find yourself planted at low plastic tables, a tad too close to the occasional passing rat, sharing your dining area. Gold laden temples scream of wanton wealth in the shadow of sheer glass skyscrapers announcing the city’s arrival from the third world. Old World markets blissfully remind you they have not quite escaped with pungent aromas of another era, fruits of an alarming array of shapes and colors, and a bustling commerce centered on the age-old custom of haggling. Everyone you meet is on their way to somewhere else, ready to escape this madness, but something tells you they’ll not soon forget this city that never sleeps. Return? You must. I did, I do, I will.
The site of Wat Pho dates back to the 16th century but the current buildings are from the late 1700s. It is the largest... more travel advice
The Upper Terrace of is the justifiably most popular part of the complex with the Golden Chedi and Royal Pantheon the... more travel advice
- See All Wat Ratchapradit
- See All micros at the airport
- you want it, they got it
- See All sexy fantasy airline stewardresses
- dress sensibly for the temples
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 24 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos