"Vientiane: Titch vs. the Mozzies" Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane by richiecdisc

Vientiane Travel Guide: 757 reviews and 1,703 photos

Vientiane is not a typical Southeast Asian capital. It lacks the requisite chaos that besets its brethren. It does not however lack for interesting sights or tasty local snacks, and this combined with a laid back population makes for an easy place for the traveler to enjoy a few days of rest before heading out to the more hectic pace of the rest of the region. It is befitting that this relaxed capital heads what many are calling the most peacefully satisfying of Southeast Asian destinations. Enjoy it before it joins the race for tourist dollars that is quickly deteriorating much of the region’s original appeal.

• Last visit to Vientiane: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 17, 2004

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2011 at 11:55 AM

very interesting tips of a beautiful and quiet city. Happy travelling

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Here in Vientiane at the moment -checking in that we've run through the highlights in the little time we have left! Thanks for your usual useful tips!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2007 at 10:53 AM

Amazing again :-)) Haha, yes, can't believe myself - a curtain shower :-) But at least you had a shower :-) My god, if there is more lemon shakes in Laos, then this is my country ! Richie, you might think to add 4 more pics each ? smiles :-)

• saracen's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Great tips on Vientiane - hopefully I will be spending New Year there, and I cannot wait!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 10:43 AM

A great page Richie! Your food tips are excellent and make me hungry. So many temples, the tropical sunset with the lizzards and mozzie feast Vientiane make like something I should think about!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2005 at 10:07 PM

My sentiments exactly, trying the local food is a must for me in any part of the world!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Oh, yes, you'te right about those delicacies....Yummi!

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 1:15 PM

Though I walked miles and miles in Vientiane, I didn't find the special restaurants you have a patent on. Shall have to go back

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 6:55 PM

I like Doreen's Beer Lao T-shirt, but Soy Milk and Lemon?? Really? ;-))

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2004 at 2:44 AM

What lovely Wats. But it looks like the food was the star attraction.

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Vientiane

Have you been to Vientiane?

Latest Activity in Vientiane