"Casting a Spell: Zittau" Zittau by richiecdisc

Zittau Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 216 photos

Situated at the center of the triangular meeting of Poland, the Czech Republic and the Saxon state of Germany, Zittau is a little known treasure full of a variety of architectural styles. Its distinct meshing of the Germanic and Slavic languages forms a cultural area known collectively as Lusatia with it’s own traditions. World famous sights it may be without but if a stroll through empty cobblestone streets devoid of tourists is on your agenda, its lesser known charms are bound to cast a timeless spell on you.

• Last visit to Zittau: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2007

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Fabulous little page with brilliant photos. I only made it to Zittau for a few hours in darkness on my recent trip, but at least I had dinner here. Your page gives me an idea how this lovely town looks during daylight. :-)

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Very interesting tips! I'm going to Zittau in a few weeks and will look out for the windows. Zwickle is a very nice name for a beer, I suppose if you have too much you'll feel "zwicked" - pinched.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Great little page about Zittau. I had never heard of it before but today I was looking at a map of the border area, so thanks for showing it to me.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Zittau sounds like a great little 'find'! It is nice to be able to wander around places like this without the bustle of summer crowds. I loved your tips on the enticing food and beer options served in your father-in-law's secret pub!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2007 at 5:28 AM

FAther in law might be right with choice of visit but D is definitely right with the food choice - the knuckle looks like coronary artey disease on a plate! Good to see you are enjoying the new cam, loving my Nikon too - focus is so fast!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Dearest Richie, I am pretty sure that with the help of D and her parents, you can soon start to write the beer guide for Saxony - and it will turn out to be of phone book size :-) This variety is amazing, and the glasses as well :-)

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 9:08 PM

My parents took us to Zittau but who was the one who ordered the Zwickelbier?!? Maybe I am right sometimes too ;o)

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Zittau