"Dipplodiswalde: Remember Me to One Who Lives There" Dippoldiswalde by richiecdisc
Dippoldiswalde Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 122 photos
Dippoldiswalde is a perfect example of a place that proves that going to a destination you have never heard of can be a very good thing. Germany certainly draws crowds with the best of European heavy weights and for good reason with its plethora of hilltop castles, historical old city centers, and a strong adherence to traditional values that trickles down to things as simple but integral as cuisine. But the majority of such tourists trample mostly to Bavaria and it is only recently that any appreciable numbers stumbled upon Saxony. Even those adventurous enough to venture there rarely make it past Dresden, Leipzig and perhaps the sandstone formations affectionately referred to as the Switzerland of Saxony. No, Dippoldiswalde is not on the tourist map though with a hilltop castle of its own, a beautiful cathedral and cobblestone streets, it has many of the features to do so. The truth is there are lots of small towns just like Dipps as locals call it. They have just as much charm as their more famous brethren but how many can the tourist mobs get to really? Well, thankfully, not all. So, if you are interested in seeing Germany sans the masses head to some of the smaller towns like Dipps. You just might be surprised at what you find.
Or like me, you just might fall in love. Not just with the city. Not even with the general populace. But with an incredibly beautiful local girl who would become my wife. Thanks Dipps!
Coming from near and faraway, some of our very best VT friends came to make our special day all the more special.
Antji(Dresden),Maggies(Krakow),Seppoman(Dusseldorf),Sabsi(Dusseldorf),SandySmith(Liverpool), and B_Caro (Belgium).
Sandy's husband Dave, technically not a VTer despite his many photos on VT, acted as our main photographer, but thanks to everyone for your great photos that captured a day we'll never forget.
Okay, this was a bit hokey but it must be great as a kid when this German version of Santa Claus comes in and makes you... more travel advice
Another great Christmas tradition in Germany is putting real candles on the Christmas Tree. I thought this was a bit... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Dippoldiswalde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dipplodiswalde: Remember Me to One Who Lives There"
- "home sweet home"
- "A fairytale wedding.... with lotsa beer!"
- "In Dipps for a Very Special Wedding"
- "DIPPOLDISWALDE STATION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dippoldiswalde
- Hotels in Dippoldiswalde
- Transportation in Dippoldiswalde
- Nightlife in Dippoldiswalde
- Restaurants in Dippoldiswalde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dippoldiswalde
- 19 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Dippoldiswalde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dippoldiswalde
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christmas Dinner"
- Wrote a Review Weinachts Man? in Dippoldiswalde Local Customs
- Commented on one of sandysmith's Dippoldiswalde travel pages
- updated a Dippoldiswalde Travel Page "Dipplodiswalde: Remember Me to One Who Lives There"
Photos in DippoldiswaldeSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos