Dresden Transportation Tips by richiecdisc
Dresden Transportation: 94 reviews and 171 photos
Dresden's train station
I was lucky enough to be escorted and driven there by a local, Doreen, but there are frequent trains from Berlin (two hours), Munich (seven hours), Prague ( three hours) and a host of other cities. The bus network is quite extensive and you can even travel by boat on the Elbe River to places like Meissen and the little Switzerland of Saxony.
The old town is best explored on foot and you can even get over to the new town that way but there is a great and inexpensive tram system for outlying areas. This is very extensive and you can get to places as far as Radeberger to visit Saxony's largest brewery!
More Reviews (52)
- See All a look I could not deny her
- See All Augustiner beers in Saxony!
- See All Enjoy the Caneletto View
- See All yet another meeting with Antji
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Dresden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Dresden"
- "Still Beautiful Elegance"
- "Back to the Future: From Rubble to Baroque Beauty"
- "Five visits in Dresden"
- "Dresden in 1995"
- "Opera and Cycling in Dresden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dresden
- Hotels in Dresden
- Transportation in Dresden
- Nightlife in Dresden
- Restaurants in Dresden
- Shopping in Dresden
- Warnings and Dangers in Dresden
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bloxham Hotels
- Larnaca Hotels
- San Diego
- Yangon Division
- Cheraga Hotels
- Sutton Coldfield Hotels
Badges & Stats in Dresden
- 53 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 78 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Dresden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dresden
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of hunterV's Dresden travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "a look I could not deny her"
- Wrote a Review a look I could not deny her in Dresden Favorites
- updated a Dresden Travel Page "Dresden & The Meaning behind its Stark Beauty"
Photos in DresdenSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Dresden hotel reviews
- The Westin Bellevue Dresden
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- pentahotel Chemnitz
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- Jugendgastehaus Dresden
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2013
- Hotel Martha Hospiz Dresden
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Hostel Louise 20 Dresden
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2013
- Ibis Dresden Bastei
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 25, 2013
- Hotel Windsor
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Dorint Hotel Dresden
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Radisson Blu Park Hotel Dresden Radebeul
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Hotel Am Terrassenufer
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2013
- Hotel Prinz Eugen
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Gasthof Coschuetz
- 1 Review & Opinion
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2013
- Steigenberger Hotel De Saxe
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Zwinger- 93 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Frauenkirche- 50 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Royal Palace- 46 Reviews, 121 Photos
- Neustadt- 37 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Hofkirche- 31 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Semper Opera- 50 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Fürstenzug (Procession of the dukes)- 26 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Brühlsche Terrassen- 26 Reviews, 70 Photos
- River Elbe- 20 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Kreuzkirche- 12 Reviews, 30 Photos
See All Dresden Things to Do