"Guanaja Island Club, Guanaja, Bay Islands" Guanaja by Carols.Cia
Guanaja Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 23 photos
We started off our trip with 3 nights at Copan Ruins. We then came to the Guanaja Island Club. The accommodations are excellent. The reason we came to Guanaja was to get away and have some peace and quiet and that is exactly what we did. The rooms are very clean and lots of storage. The grounds are beautiful. This was my second visit and my families first time here
The food is amazing at the resort. Our package included Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the food was exceptional, especially the dinners. There was not one bad meal at the resort. All three of our children loved the place and had a lot of things to do. As a father I can tell you this is important!
The owners, Carolina and Brian, are very laid back and are there to make you comfortable. Their son Jordan helps out as a guide to the waterfalls and snorkeling. I was stunned to find out how young he is and how much he knows and can do. Wow!!I Everyone speaks English and Spanish at the resort.
The resort is very quiet at night unless you have the locals coming by. That is really interesting. I would definitely come back to this little slice of heaven!!
We did a lot of tours and activities there and they were all excellent. We did the boat tour of the cays with Brian. We did the vehicle tour of Mangrove Bight, Mitch and Savannah Bight with a guy named Noni from Mangrove Bight. We also did the tour to Southwest Cay for the day snorkeling, fishing and having cocktails on the beach.
The snorkeling out in front of the resort is amazing and practically is the best snorkeling we have ever seen. The coral reefs are in such good condition and the fish are bountiful.
When we were hungry we were in the clubhouse. Very typical decorated with ships lights, nautical stuff and bamboo. Nice bar and plesant.The WIFI was the best that I have seen even in San Pedro Sula there aren't many places you can go and get good internet speed and use skpe etc...
- Pros:I recommend using the Island Clubs concirege service which is free. They set up evrything, connecting flights to and from the island, boat rides, tours and mainland transportation. They make the traveling part a delight expecially when you have kids
- Cons:No flights on Sundays. You have to stay to Monday to get a flight off the island. This is a good excuse for missing a day at work at least!
- In a nutshell:Great Family Vacation Resort, Guanaja Island Club
Guanaja Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A wonderful Honeymoon Destination Guanaja Island"
- "Honeymoon on Guanaja Island, Bay Islands, Honduras"
- "Guanaja Island Club, Guanaja, Bay Islands"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Richards Bay
- Lake Placid
- South America
- Cook Islands
- Czech Republic
- Hawaii (Big Island) Hotels
- Pismo Beach
- Negeri Perlis Hotels
- Cayo Icacos Hotels
- Seixal Hotels
- Trimulgherry Hotels
- Ayia Napa
- San Felíu de Guixols
- Machu Picchu
- Roquefort-sur-Soulzon Hotels
Carols.Cia Visits Here Frequently!
- No VT rank yet.
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Guanaja
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Guanaja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guanaja
No friends yet.