"My Scotland page" Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland by margaretvn
Scotland Travel Guide: 13,577 reviews and 31,626 photos
We have visited Scotland many times, it is a part of the United Kingdom we love, and where we often go back to. It sorts of grabs your heart and keeps pulling you back and everytime you visit there is something new to discover. This year we had a great week in Scotland, we hired a flat near Stirling and used that as our base for exploring and walking. We prefer to hire a cottage or flat and do self catering as it seems to make us freer to come and go as we want. Also with a flat or cottage you can leave your things - books, sewing and travel brochure about and not have to tidy them up every evening so that the room can be made up everyday!
My mother was born in Burntisland Fife, and I worked in Helensburgh while in the Royal Navy.
When I started building my pages there was no way to build a seperate Scotland page so I put all my tips on my United Kingdom page...............now I am building a separate page for this lovely part of the world which is a favourite holiday destination of ours. Koos and I have dreams of moving to Scotland when we retire - it will probably remain a dream but we will go over often.
People are always saying to my "I would love to go to Scotland but it is always bad weather there!!" How is then that we have always had good weather - OK we had had days with some showers BUT we have also been on a lovely beach on the Isle of Lewis in our shorts in May.
I think this is another page of mine that will keep growing.
- Pros:wonderful nature, beautiful castles and friendly natives
- Cons:you might fall in love with the country and never want to go anywhere else!
- In a nutshell:Nature and History to grab you
Knapdale is so beautiful. It is 7 miles west of Lochgilphead and situated at the head of Loch Sween. It is a large... more travel advice
I had wanted to go to the chapel ever since I had read the book! (The da Vinci Code) lol!! Quite by chance when we were... more travel advice
- See All a huge outlet mall
- See All expensive exchange
- See All whisky - making and tasting
margaretvn's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- "BONNIE SCOTLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 225 Reviews
- 513 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Videos in ScotlandSee All Videos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues