United Kingdom Transportation Tips by margaretvn Top 5 Page for this destination
United Kingdom Transportation: 262 reviews and 163 photos
We take the ferry from Amsterdam to Newcastle. This one is ideal if you are going on to Scotland. It sails at 17.00 hours and arrives in England at 10.00. The road links north and south are great.
on the tunnel train
We have also taken the tunnel from Calais several times and that is very easy and quick with a frequent service. The time in the tunnel is a little over 30 minutes and you can than drive into London easily.
We find it best to take our own car, but hiring is easy and the best way to get to more remote places. Trains are, I think, expensive and the bus service in remoter country places is infrequent.
Type: Car/Motor Home
We take the North Seas ferry from Rotterdam europort to Hull in the north. It sails at 21.00 hours and arrives in Hull at 08.00 in the morning. You can board from 17.00 hours though and they are new ships with nice bars and a couple of restaurants. The cabins are very clean and comfortable.
on the Isle of Harris
a hire car or your own car is best for more remote places.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (143)
- See All lovely goodies
- See All The Farne Islands
- See All great Breakfast
- See All Castle Howard
- See All home from home
margaretvn's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kidderminster Hotels
- Ryazanskaya Oblast'
- Plaju Hotels
- Florida Caverns State Park Hotels
- Odawara Hotels
- Cote D'Ivoire
- Marquette Transportation
- Tossa Transportation
- Province of Camarines Sur Transportation
- Salerno Transportation
- Limburg an der Lahn Transportation
- Guernsey Transportation
- Yuma Transportation
- Sanibel Island Draw Bridge
- Cloudcroft Transportation
- Keystone Transportation
- Santa Justa station
- Incline Village Transportation
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 596 Reviews
- 1,119 Photos
- 78 Forum posts
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
- Posted in Travel Oban Forum "Re: Where are other tourists or..."
- Wrote a Review lovely goodies in United Kingdom Shopping
- Commented on one of margaretvn's United Kingdom travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- updated a United Kingdom Travel Page "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- Uploaded a Video to United Kingdom
Photos in United KingdomSee All Photos (1119)
Videos in United KingdomSee All Videos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (86)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 243 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3409 Reviews - 6784 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1741 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 178 Reviews - 352 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1631 Reviews - 3979 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 462 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 276 Reviews - 409 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1241 Reviews - 2065 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Whitby Hotels
- 355 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1280 Reviews - 2297 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 766 Reviews - 1269 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 471 Reviews - 1183 Photos