"My U.K. - a home I love very dearly." Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom by margaretvn
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 94,998 reviews and 227,844 photos
I was born in England and although I now live in The Netherlands I am still very much in love with the U.K. Luckily my husband, Koos, also loves travelling and we have seen a great deal of the U.K. together over the years. Must have been fate because we met in England - it was a holiday romance with a twist - Koos met his parents- in law before he met his bride!
We had a great holiday in England in October 2006 when we had a two week holiday there. The first few days we spent with my parents. I celebrated my birthday there with them - although "celebrated" spent half the day in the local walk in surgery because of an infected toe! Then for the second week we went to Suffolk where we had hired a cottage. It is an area we had not explored so much and we had a great time. It was made special by meeting Berni and Carl for a long lunch. We had a wonderful time together even though the Smart nearly ended up floating out to sea because of the very high tides that day. Berni - I still miss our chats on a sunday morning.
The way of life, the history and culture and the diverse landscape - it is so beautiful.....the United Kingdom really is worth visiting and do not believe what they say about it ALWAYS being bad weather there.
Once again I am counting the days until I go over again - a week visiting my parents...... home from home. I fly over on the 20th of september.
This page is a favourite of mine and is a very personal one as I have really stayed with MY favourite places and MY thoughts about it, I hope you enjoy it and if I can help by answering any questions - please let me know. Always seem to be working on this page - a labour of love really.
Please also look in my travelogues for more information and photos. - thank you. And if I can help you with questions you have I will certainly do my best.
- Pros:the differences in nature throughout the country, a long history,
- Cons:sometimes the weather, although that can add to the charm
- In a nutshell:where I was born and I love it and we hope to return to live there
these are a group of small islands off the coast of Northumberland - three miles out from the little fishing village of... more travel advice
The graves of the composer Benjamin Britten the tenor Peter Pears can be found in the graveyard of St. Peter and St.... more travel advice
- See All lovely goodies
- See All Castle Howard
- See All home from home
- See All watch where you park!
- Edwards castle building
margaretvn's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 596 Reviews
- 1,119 Photos
- 78 Forum posts
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
- Posted in Travel Oban Forum "Re: Where are other tourists or..."
- Wrote a Review lovely goodies in United Kingdom Shopping
- Commented on one of margaretvn's United Kingdom travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- updated a United Kingdom Travel Page "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- Uploaded a Video to United Kingdom
Photos in United KingdomSee All Photos (1119)
Videos in United KingdomSee All Videos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues