"a childhood dream come true at last" Iceland by margaretvn

Iceland Travel Guide: 5,681 reviews and 17,066 photos

I had dreamed about going to this place for so long and finally got there.
Since I was a child I have wanted to go to Iceland and this trip was a dream come true. The country is wonderful. we had good weather and everyone was so friendly. We had booked a 17 day trip around the island with a hire car and houses in various places usually staying three nights in each house.

We like the freedom of deciding where we want to go and how long we want to stay at a point of interest etc. We also enjoy shopping in local supermarkets for things for our evening meal and taking picnics as lunch. Eating somewhere with a great view is so much better than having to sit in a restaurant.

it was a fantastic trip and I know I will enjoy working on this page. I am only making an Iceland page and not putting information on different place pages beacuse of course we were only in an area for a few days and I do not have full information about places only information about the things we did there.
We already plan to return at another time of year to explore more of this fantastic country.

• Pros:wonderful nature, friendly people,
  • Cons:can be expensive, risk of bad weather
  • In a nutshell:a place I had dreamed of visiting became a dream holiday
  • Last visit to Iceland: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 5, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM

The scenery and landscape is beyond imagination for most of us. YOu were fortunate to have been able to make the trip and see it in solitude. Nice pictures and comments

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Margaret, I returned to this page a second time, because Heinz and I just started daydreaming about maybe a week in Iceland this June.....

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Excellent page, Margaret! Love the picture with the rainbow. Will go to Reykyavik for one week in July with my mum.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Hi Maragaret! Excellent Iceland tips - I will be going through this again and again because I am going to Iceland this June! Can't wait, Norman:) Greetings from Arizona...

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Margaret, fantastic page with outstanding photos of Iceland, which is still on my must-visit list. So it looks like it was a wise decision to check your hired car properly.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Hi Margaret! What a lovely Iceland-page you have created :) Great pictures and tips! You sure visited a lot of places. Regína

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 6:29 AM

Margaret! I love your added photos. You know I can never see too many waterfalls. I've never heard of Sjonarnipa glacier. Where is it? :-)

• pcg821's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Wonderful tips and photos of Iceland,Can 't wait until I go in September for 12 days

• zafarkhaled's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 8:19 PM

I have visited iceland in last September. Why didn't you try guest houses in Reykjavik.I was in Anna guest house near that big cathedral.It was quite and homely , will never forget the breakfast in the antique filled family living room.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 2:19 AM

Wow fantastic page Margaret! I was totally fascinated by the read and pix. Just love that cute little church and the little cabin you stayed in. What a great experience!! Cheers, Ann :o)

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Badges & Stats in Iceland

Have you been to Iceland?

Latest Activity in Iceland