"a childhood dream come true at last" Iceland by margaretvn
Iceland Travel Guide: 5,622 reviews and 16,769 photos
I had dreamed about going to this place for so long and finally got there.
Since I was a child I have wanted to go to Iceland and this trip was a dream come true. The country is wonderful. we had good weather and everyone was so friendly. We had booked a 17 day trip around the island with a hire car and houses in various places usually staying three nights in each house.
We like the freedom of deciding where we want to go and how long we want to stay at a point of interest etc. We also enjoy shopping in local supermarkets for things for our evening meal and taking picnics as lunch. Eating somewhere with a great view is so much better than having to sit in a restaurant.
it was a fantastic trip and I know I will enjoy working on this page. I am only making an Iceland page and not putting information on different place pages beacuse of course we were only in an area for a few days and I do not have full information about places only information about the things we did there.
We already plan to return at another time of year to explore more of this fantastic country.
- Pros:wonderful nature, friendly people,
- Cons:can be expensive, risk of bad weather
- In a nutshell:a place I had dreamed of visiting became a dream holiday
While we were in Reykjavik we made a trip with the Puffin Express and I can really recommend it as a fun trip and it... more travel advice
Of course the capital is not to be missed and we enjoyed our short stay is the colourful city. Reykjavik is the most... more travel advice
margaretvn's Related Pages
Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICELAND - THE LAND OF ICE AND FIRE."
- "From Seyðisfjörður to Seyðisfjörður"
- "Incredible ICELAND"
- "A land of Fire, water and ice!"
- "Surprising Iceland!"
- "Iceland: small wonder!"
- "a childhood dream come true at last"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iceland
- Hotels in Iceland
- Transportation in Iceland
- Nightlife in Iceland
- Restaurants in Iceland
- Shopping in Iceland
- Warnings and Dangers in Iceland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iceland
- 43 Reviews
- 235 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iceland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues