"the town and its cheese" Top 5 Page for this destination Edam by margaretvn
Edam Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 192 photos
suppose everone knows Edam - the cheese with the bright red wax coating! Edam is a lovely little town in the province of North Holland. It has some lovely old houses and the quiet streets are great to wander through, the town was founded in the 12th century.
- In a nutshell:more than just cheese
These are held in July and August on wednesdays. The town of Edam is surrounded by polder which is good farmland and for... more travel advice
This is a brightly coloured building where the cheeses were weighed - today you can buy cheeses and gifts. more travel advice
margaretvn's Related Pages
Edam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dam on the Ye"
- "Say CHEESE! say EDAM!"
- "Most famous for its cheese"
- "the town and its cheese"
- "City of Cheese"
- "Edam, home of "the" cheese"
- "NOT ONLY CHEESE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edam
- Transportation in Edam
- Restaurants in Edam
- Shopping in Edam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edam
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Edam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues