"the town and its cheese" Top 5 Page for this destination Edam by margaretvn

Edam Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 192 photos

suppose everone knows Edam - the cheese with the bright red wax coating! Edam is a lovely little town in the province of North Holland. It has some lovely old houses and the quiet streets are great to wander through, the town was founded in the 12th century.

• In a nutshell:more than just cheese
  • Last visit to Edam: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2003

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 7:13 AM

I enjoyed reading about Edam and its history. The cheese church certainly would be a one of a kind attraction, too!

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 7:09 AM

Nice piece on Edam - there is indeed much more than cheese. I have visited there many times, but have never managed to see the market yet- De goreten van Steve

• timtrina's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2004 at 11:32 PM

Heaps of great photos and information on Edam - would love to see it in person now! :) Trina

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 2:16 AM

Nice photo. Very unique for me. Great!!

• laura4n8's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2004 at 4:27 AM

Hmmm ... a cheese church? Have to admit its a first for me. :)

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 4:06 AM

Must visit next time!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2003 at 6:29 PM

What a neat little town...yes, I looove the cheese church, what can I say?!? Zaanse Schans was Cheesetown for me until now, but I'll definitely put Edam on my list for the next time I'm in the Netherlands...;-)

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2003 at 10:54 AM

A cheese church... so many bad jokes come to mind, I must refrain. How odd! Lovely page...

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2003 at 8:53 PM

What an amazing church.. shame about the beetle :-) Didn't know the origin of 'stinking rich'...lol. Great traditions with the cheese.

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2003 at 8:37 AM

I don't think that I want to be "stinking rich", filthy, yes! Great page, Margaret.

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Badges & Stats in Edam