"a day in Nuenen" Nuenen by margaretvn
Nuenen Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 63 photos
Vincent van Gogh lived and worked for two years in Nuenen. This was the home of his parents and his father let him live in the little "shed" at the back of the house - you can just see it in the photo.
The De Groot family used to live in this house and Vincent van Gogh went there often. The first sketches for the "Potato-eaters" were made there. The house has been changed a lot since the war.
This windmill "De Roosdonck" was built in 1884 and it can be found in 7 of van Gogh's drawings.
This church was founded in 1824 and Vincent's father was vicar of the church from August 1882 until March 1885. Vincent... more travel advice
margaretvn's Related Pages
Nuenen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a day in Nuenen"
- "NUENEN, MY HOME TOWN"
- "Collse Hoeve Jan.2005"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuenen
- Hotels in Nuenen
- Restaurants in Nuenen
- Shopping in Nuenen
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuenen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nuenen
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Nuenen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuenen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues