Vienna Shopping Tips by margaretvn
Vienna Shopping: 209 reviews and 326 photos
What to buy: Buy some of the delicious Mozart chocolates that are on sale everywhere. They are so nice - especially if you love marzipan as I do - just don't blame me if it goes to your hips!.... one this size certainly would!!
What to pay: They are quite expensive but worth it, boxes of all sizes and prices
Theme: Food and Drink
the main shopping street is the Karnterstrasse and this is a pedestrianized street. Apart from the shops and restaurants there are fruitjuice stands and flower stands and often street musicians. It is always busy, it was part of the main highway to Carinthia in Medieval times.
What to buy: chocolate, CD's, clothing is very good quality and so are shoes.
What to pay: clothes are a bit more expensive than in The Netherlands but I think the quality is much better.
Directions: U Bahn Stephansplatz
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (78)
- See All J. Strauss Museum
- See All 2006 - a special year
- See All Mahler House
- See All peaceful and not far from the city
margaretvn's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 80 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 73 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- Posted in Travel Oban Forum "Re: Where are other tourists or..."
- Commented on one of yooperprof's Vienna travel pages
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "Vienna - a place very close to my heart"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rohrau"
- Wrote a Review J. Strauss Museum about Johann Strauß Wohnung in Vienna Things to Do
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (126)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (85)
- Stephansdom - St. Stephen's Cathedral- 254 Reviews, 524 Photos
- Hofburg Palace Complex- 262 Reviews, 581 Photos
- Belvedere Palace & Gardens- 182 Reviews, 347 Photos
- Karlskirche - St Charles Church- 100 Reviews, 191 Photos
- Schönbrunn Palace- 295 Reviews, 583 Photos
- Kunsthistorisches Museum - History Museum- 72 Reviews, 170 Photos
- Prater Park- 42 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Kärntner Straße- 22 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Naschmarkt- 21 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Ringstrasse- 33 Reviews, 55 Photos
See All Vienna Things to Do