"margaret's Blackpool Page" Blackpool by margaretvn
Blackpool Travel Guide: 498 reviews and 921 photos
To be really honest I do not really like Blackpool, although I must say I do not really know the area terribly well. Close to Blackpool is where our extended family has held its yearly reunion for several years. So I think that this page will really centre on the things to see in the area.
First of all though a bit about Blackpool – it celebrated its centenary in 1994. The town has no longer the charm and shine it once had because British holiday plans have changed in the last years. It is really a long line of amusement arcades, piers and bingo halls with lots of restaurants and fast food places.
During September and October the town still attracts lots of visitors because of the illuminations. The town is famous for its 158 metre high tower. The town dates back to the 18th century but its real heyday came in 1840 when the railway arrived. That meant that the workers from Lancaster shire were able to travel to Blackpool for their holidays.
Visit the little village of Grasmere - This is where the poet William Wordsworth (1770-1850) lived during his most... more travel advice
This is a lovely... Off The Beaten Path (6)
Visit Kendal. This is a lovely busy market town with lots of buildings in grey limestone which is easy to explore on... more travel advice
margaretvn's Related Pages
Blackpool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reinventing itself again"
- "Blackpool ( Kiss me quick hats )"
- "Brilliant Blackpool"
- "Candy Floss in Winter"
- "Golden Mile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blackpool
- Hotels in Blackpool
- Transportation in Blackpool
- Nightlife in Blackpool
- Restaurants in Blackpool
- Shopping in Blackpool
- Warnings and Dangers in Blackpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blackpool
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Blackpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blackpool
Photos in BlackpoolSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues