Lake District National Park Shopping Tips by margaretvn Top 5 Page for this destination
Lake District National Park Shopping: 13 reviews and 11 photos
This is actually a collection of shops - 12 outlets, a restaurant and heritage centre in one building with plenty of parking. I got some great bargains in shoes there.
There is also a good place to drink coffee or have a meal - the prices are reasonable and with good weather you can sit out of doors. The centre of Kendal is also worth visiting and the riverside walk is lovely (it is signposted).
What to buy: outdoor wear, shoes
What to pay: prices vary
Address: Lound road Kendal Cumbria
Directions: At junction 36 on the M6 motorway, follow signs for Kendal and then Kendal village.
Phone: 01539 732363
There are lots of good shops with a variety of prices where you can get outdoor clothing for hill walking or mountaineering.
What to buy: It really is a good place to buy any outdoor clothing you want ...... and you get to try it out striaght away as you are right in the middle of good walking country.
What to pay: depends on what you buy but there are bargains to get.
Directions: the whole centre is full of good shops.
Theme: Men's Clothes
A lovely little shop with a very good choice of gifts and Grasmere aromatics - plenty of gifts to choose from here.
Address: Parrock Green, Grasmere
Directions: in the village.
Phone: 015394 35820
This little shop was built in 1660. it was the village school and now it is the ONLY place to buy the genuine "Sarah Nelson's Original Celebrated Grasmere Gingerbread". This delicious gingerbread has been baked (from a secret recipe) daily since 1854.
What to buy: Gingerbread of course but there is also Cumberland Rum Butter and other local produce.
open mon-sat 9.15 -5.30, sun 12.30-5.30
they will deliver worldwide
What to pay: about 3 pounds 50 for the gingerbread.
Directions: next to St Oswald's church
Phone: 015394 35428
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (37)
- See All a ride on the Ravenglass railway
- See All the flapjack is not to be missed
- busy, busy, busy
margaretvn's Related Pages
Lake District National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Right On Our Doorstep......"
- "A favourite part of the country"
- "Lake District"
- "Ben-UK's Lake District page"
- "It`s Just A Hop Skip And A Jump"
- "Scenery at its best"
- "The Lake District - scenery at its best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake District National Park
- Hotels in Lake District National Park
- Transportation in Lake District National Park
- Nightlife in Lake District National Park
- Restaurants in Lake District National Park
- Shopping in Lake District National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake District National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bope Hotels
- Manado Hotels
- Bilar Hotels
- Greenwood Hotels
- Isola di Procida
- Gouvernorat de Bizerte
Badges & Stats in Lake District National Park
- 41 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Lake District National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake District National Park
- Posted in Travel Oban Forum "Re: Where are other tourists or..."
- Wrote a Review a ride on the Ravenglass railway in Lake District National Park Things to Do
- Commented on one of aah_stone's Lake District National Park travel pages
- updated a Lake District National Park Travel Page "A favourite part of the country"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A favourite part of the country"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues