"A favourite part of the country" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park by margaretvn
Lake District National Park Travel Guide: 492 reviews and 1,335 photos
Each year we have a family get together and since 2003 we have had a long weekend in the Lake District. It is a part of the U.K. which I have visited often and love. It is also an we visit regularly as a day out while visiting my parents - a couple of hours drive takes us there. We do always try to go out of season though so that we can miss the really busy tourist packed months.
At the moment we are seriously thinking about going back in 2008 for a "walking holiday" and I am spending time looking at cottages to hire there. Plus trying to talk my family into going back to the area for our family get together.
We met this little fellow near the Standing stones at Castlerigg, where he enjoyed a biscuit with us, we did offer him a little bit of banana but he only fancied the biscuits!
Koos said to be careful not to frighten him but he was so used to visitors at the Standing Stones.
If you have seen other pages of mine you will know I just love the magical feel of Standing Stones, and we go to as many sites of them as possible.
I thought I would let you see that he did actually have two legs...... it is just that every time I took a photo he hid one! ended up with a whole series of photos of this lovely "one-legged" robin! We were parked on the edge of the road and even passing cars (admittedly not many) did not frigthen him away.... or perhaps it was the temptation of the biscuits that was too strong for him.
- Pros:wonderful scenery and lovely little towns and villages
- Cons:it gets so crowded in high season.
- In a nutshell:a beautiful part of England which I enjoy going back to time and time again
Choose a warm sunny or at least dry day if possible for you trip. This miniature railway was actually built to carry... more travel advice
There are lots of good shops with a variety of prices where you can get outdoor clothing for hill walking or... more travel advice
- See All the flapjack is not to be missed
- busy, busy, busy
- See All Rheged
margaretvn's Related Pages
Lake District National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Right On Our Doorstep......"
- "A favourite part of the country"
- "Lake District"
- "Ben-UK's Lake District page"
- "It`s Just A Hop Skip And A Jump"
- "Scenery at its best"
- "The Lake District - scenery at its best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake District National Park
- Hotels in Lake District National Park
- Transportation in Lake District National Park
- Nightlife in Lake District National Park
- Restaurants in Lake District National Park
- Shopping in Lake District National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake District National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake District National Park
- 41 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Lake District National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake District National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Virtual Attendees for the 3..."
- Wrote a Review a ride on the Ravenglass railway in Lake District National Park Things to Do
- Commented on one of aah_stone's Lake District National Park travel pages
- updated a Lake District National Park Travel Page "A favourite part of the country"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A favourite part of the country"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 147 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues