"long name - little place" Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch by margaretvn

a short stop

This is one way to make new friends on holiday - it always works for us!!! We park our little Smart car by a sightseeing area and people come up to take its photo and get chatting. It is like taking your dog for a walk everyone stops you tp chat. We actually only really stopped here for a coffee and a photo of th name and there is not much else to do in this place... but a postcard withthe name is a fun thing to send to people.

• Pros:you just have to see that name
  • Cons:there is just the name and the station
  • In a nutshell:whats in a name?
  • Last visit to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 12, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Good that they give some help about how to say the name of this town. But actually I think I would go there because of the castle, not the name.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Margaret, lovely little page here. At least I once came through Llanfair PG by train on my way from Llandudno to Anglesey.

• Kristymamoo's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 8:35 AM

I've been her too!!! Was a long time ago and I didn't dare trying to spell it on my pages, ha ha :-) You really should visit the Isle of Man one day - you would love it.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 5:09 AM

Now are you sure you've spelt it right hahaha, it's a long time since I visited there.

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 7:54 AM

A place I must visit someday. The longest named place I've found in the U.S. is Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg Lake in Massachusetts.

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 3:55 AM

Is this place for real?

• Feb 23, 2005 at 11:09 PM

LOL... funny to see how most people who have been here will end up at this very same spot!croeso y llanfairpwll...gogogoch (-:

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 3:07 AM

Interesting.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 5:22 AM

Lovely little page!!!

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2004 at 10:50 AM

I tried several times, almost did it but triple L is really hard to pronounce. I'll send you a pic of one very special Smart now, clicked it on my last journey, looks like a toy!

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Badges & Stats in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Have you been to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?

Latest Activity in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch