"Stornoway at last!" Top 5 Page for this destination Stornoway by margaretvn

Stornoway Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 73 photos

For so long I have been waiting and hoping for a page for Stornoway and now al last i have one. Now I will have to dig out my photos and information and get working on my page.
We visited the little town of Stornoway during a trip where we visited several of the Western Isles. I think it is a part of the United Kingsdom which is often forgotten as a holiday destination but it is a lovely part of the world with a tantalising mixture of (very old) history a culture which has survived the passage of time, and a majestical nature. We loved it and want to go back one day ..... more to come as soon as possible

• Pros:nature, history and peace
  • Cons:the weather COULD be a con
  • Last visit to Stornoway: May 1998
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2003

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2008 at 6:17 AM

Lovely pics and enjoyed your tales of your trip.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2007 at 3:32 AM

Great page! I love Harris tweed so I'd like to see its origins. I hope all is well with you :)

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 2:42 PM

You have just made me add another destination to my trip. I will now be including Stornoway! Thanks for the tips...

• TomFoolery's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2005 at 7:02 AM

Excellent tips, can't wait to get there myself

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 9:03 AM

Amazing page and great tips. Thank you for the most charming warning (on the pic ;-). Wow, I would love those hairy friendly natives... I am sure :-)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 11:52 AM

amazing place, thank you for sharing Margaret

• dannebro's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 3:04 PM

a very interesting place !

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 2:09 PM

This is the sort of place that I love to visit! Thanks for the great tips. It was great to read about the standing stones & the Pict tower! I fully agree with your views on picnics!

• Jul 11, 2004 at 1:35 PM

Thanks a lot for your advice, a great help. Planning to go there in September. Sounds like just the right place if you are looking for long walks, marvellous nature and not too many other tourists.

• Jun 2, 2004 at 9:44 PM

was back at your page - its lovely.

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Badges & Stats in Stornoway

Have you been to Stornoway?

Latest Activity in Stornoway