"Margaret's Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands by margaretvn

Netherlands Travel Guide: 33,197 reviews and 89,055 photos

I have been a bit slow in building this page really, The Netherlands is my second home. I was born in England and moved here in 1980 when I married my Dutch husband. We live not far from Rotterdam and both work in the city.
For several years now we have been exploring The Netherlands in our Smart cabrio. We have now had two Smarts - the first one took us 70,000 kilometres through Europe! easy to park in the little narrow streets of some of the old centres.

We have been lucky enough to have visited a lot of the world together and we are certainly not planning on stopping travelling in the near future..... but we also know that the countryside near home can be lovely as well.

summer and my love of flowers.
So as of the 16th of august 2008 (I have lived longer in The Netherlands than I lived in England - where I was born.

• Pros:a lovely second "homeland"
  • Cons:cities are so crowded, people always push in queues!!
  • In a nutshell:my home and I love it.
  • Last visit to Netherlands: Jan 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I have been to Netherlands 5 times, and every one was great time and the sites so wonderful. Even got a lot of Gouda cheese-Mmm. YOur pictures and comments are very good.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Good info on Netherland, we hope to see you in Karlsruhe. Best regards, Karl

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Nice introduction to your country Margeret. Thanks for sharing

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 2:48 AM

I remember Madurodam from childhood, when my parents took us children to the Netherlands almost every year

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Hope to be visiting quite a few of the towns you have tips on. Am looking forward to it, especially seeing the fields of Tulips.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Me again, checking back to read the new tips and updates that you have added to this page since March 25, 2007. Thanks for including the historical background! And thanks for your nice holiday wishes. All the best to you for 2009.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 5:34 AM

looking forward to catching up again at the Flanders meeting so many more places for me to visit in NL great page Margaret

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2008 at 9:36 AM

This is a wonderful page, Margaret! So much detail and imagery--I really want to visit The Netherlands. Love quaint, old towns, museums and the countryside.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 4:35 PM

The old houses and the tulip garden are interesting. Dream on Freddie - Netherlands is so beautiful. Thanks Margaret.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 6:12 PM

you have remarkable images, especially Kinderdijk and the Zaan houses, with great commentary. I very much enjoyed reading through these. N.

margaretvn Lives Here!

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Badges & Stats in Netherlands

Have you been to Netherlands?

Latest Activity in Netherlands