"a short holiday" Top 5 Page for this destination Suffolk by margaretvn

Suffolk Travel Guide: 408 reviews and 1,046 photos

a weeks holiday

We hired a cottage in Suffolk to explore the surrounding area during our short stay in October. We had hired the cottage on an internet site and it was a wonderful place to stay. The cottage was well equipped and the owner had included little extras which made us feel so welcome - a real home from home.

this was our home for the week - Maple Cottage.

• Pros:wonderful countryside with a long history
  • Cons:seemed to meet up with some short-tempered drivers during the week(lol)
  • In a nutshell:beautiful countryside, lovely villages.
  • Last visit to Suffolk: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2006

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Margaret - Thanks for sharing your visit to Suffolk. Interesting and useful tips, which are helping me plan our trip here soon.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 4:52 AM

A lovely page Margaret - very thorough tips which convey a great sense of this pretty county.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2007 at 6:32 AM

This must be one of the lovliest corners of England and this page brought back wonderful memories of a trip I took here when I was 18 - A few years ago !! A n excellentpage Margaret with well-researched tips and great photos.

• Jan 11, 2007 at 4:07 AM

enjoyed your page, good tips and lovely photos

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2006 at 5:08 AM

You was lukky there ! Can you imagine that you must swimming for go back to the Netherlands (lol) Groetjes , Jean-Pierre

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Hi Margaret! This really sounds like a lovely place to spend a week! I really like your accomodation and restaurant tips! Have a wonderful weekend!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2006 at 5:29 PM

A lovely area of England and already your fish & chips on the beach tip is making me hungry! You must have also really enjoyed your personal tour of the Red House, that does not often happen.

margaretvn

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Badges & Stats in Suffolk

Have you been to Suffolk?

Latest Activity in Suffolk