"Let me tell you a bit about myself" margaretvn's Profile
and thank you for visiting my page ....
Quite by chance I found this site years ago and it has become a part of my life. Found some good friends here, found also a great way of showing my photos to family around the world, spent many (very many hours) here, started to take holidays differently - noting things down more and taking more photos. During a holiday in october we had a fantastic lunch with a great VT friend and her lovely husband - it was the first time I had met a VT friend and it was wonderful..... even though the Smart almost ended up in the water after lunch. Not because of the drinks I hasten to add (we only had water and coffees) but because of the high tides that day. I just cannot imagine it is more than a year ago this photo was taken. It was just after my birthday and Berni gave my choccies. Berni I missed you this birthday but indulged in a bit of chocolate and thought of you... hugs.
We were at a great VT meeting in Ieper Begium in April 2007 and had a fantastic time. Being a shy person I did wonder how it would be to meet so many new friends at once but I so enjoyed myself. It was Berni and Carl who encouraged me to go and I am glad they did.
Koos and I started to travel the world together with a late honeymoon in 1981 to South America and the Galapagos Islands. Since then we have been lucky enough to have seen a lot of the world but we have no plans to stop travelling. Many times we have conversations about future trips and what we still have on our list of places to visit and things to see.
My pages are partly written to share our trips with family that do not live close by. My mum is also a VT member so both mum and dad spend time looking at my travels - no need to carry photo albums over to England - she just clicks on here!
I have been asked several times - but yes all the photos I use on my pages are MINE, the information is searched out by me and the thoughts are all my own. I apologise for some of my "OLD" pages with just photos or very little text. I was/am still planning on working on them but time and other trips always seem to get in the way of things.
I do hope you enjoy looking at my impression of the parts of the world I have been lucky enough to see. I have been busy making more pages and altering old pages since the start of the new VT.... certainly keeps me busy!!
"Just living isn't enough" said the butterfly "One must also have freedom, sunshine and a little flower" H.C.Andersen.
Bye for now and happy travelling.
Hope to hear from you soon and getting to know you better - I have made some special friends here. Margaret
United Kingdom and Scotland pages
I was born in the UK and I love the country. I was born in Yorkshire but my family moved to various parts of England during my childhood and then I moved around while in the Royal Navy as a nurse. We go back often and my UK page keeps growing.
My family live in various places - I am in The Netherlands, my parents in the north of England, a sister in Scotland and one in America + an aunt and cousins in Scotland and various parts of England. So we have a yearly get to together which is lovely as it means we at least see each other once a year and spend some time together!
Both Koos and I love classical music - especially Beethoven and Mozart and here in this wonderful city so much of their life is to be found. This is my favourite statue of the great composer. His music fits every mood I go through.
I love the works of Michelangelo and this city is just a treasure chest of art. This is the copy of the David. Years ago Koos bought me a little statue of the David and he stond on the coffee table but every time my mum visited she turned the statue around so that she sat with Davids back towards her!!
this tiny isolated island had always bewitched us. So we decided to do a trip around the world and go and see it for real. It was magicaland a trip we will never forget..... I will also remember the man in the hotel room next to us for ever...... his snoring kept me awake all night!!
in 2006 we had a wonderful holiday in Iceland. Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to go there and we had an amazing time. It exceeded my expectations.
Since I live in The Netherlands and my family are in various parts of the U.K. and in California my photos and especially my travelogues are for them. So they are personal views and thoughts BUT I would love to share them with VT friends, and I have been lucky enough to have made some very dear friends here on VT.
we have been lucky enough to have visited twice. Our trip through the three gorges was amazing. I really must get to sorting out my China pages again and work on them again!
my favourite travelogues:
Easter Island (around the world)
Europe I and II
and the Polar bears which is under South Dakota
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,892 Reviews
- 4,829 Photos
- 40 Countries
- 107 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
- margaretvn and arturowan are now friends.
- Commented on Randall_Burt's profile page
- Uploaded a Video to World
- created a Fréland Travel Page "a short holiday in the Alsace"
- Uploaded a Photo to "a short holiday in the Alsace"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you feel your type of..."
- Wrote a Review a ride on the Ravenglass railway in Lake District National Park Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Let me tell you a bit about myself"
VideosSee All Videos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 146 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 104 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 43 reviews, 235 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 80 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 35 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22175 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23066 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1914 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos