"Jonesport Heaven" Jonesport by paula1330

Jonesport Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos

Dream Vacation

You will not be sorry if you make this your Maine destination, it's close enough to plenty of attractions, and it is the most picturesque fishing village I have ever seen. Loads of great food, we rented a house, and ate out only a half dozen times, fresh seafood, preparing it yourself is a treat. We ate lobster, crab, clams, oysters, and fish all amazing, and reasonably priced (we bought right off the boats, thru our amazing hosts).

There are a couple grocery stores in town, and our cottage was well supplied.

I ate lobster and eggs for breakfast... and looked out on to the water! Doesn't get anymore decadent than that.

I hope we can get back when there is a storm for my husband loves them... and would be right at home in a gale force wind! I am inside reading by the fire, with a beverage.

Acadia National Forrest, wear your comfy shoes!

Lots of walking, and amazing views.

MUSTARD please!

We are still ordering Raye's Mustard, it's a treat to see and cry when they are making it... yeah... makes you tear up! If you like mustard, even if you don't this place is worth a stop. They have gourmet mustards, hotdog mustards, spicy mustards, and plain ole yellow mustard. (there's a killer ginger mustard that a spark to about anything savory you'll cook)

Eastport was a gorgeous drive, and there were lovely lighthouses my husband detoured too.

All together a great day!

• Last visit to Jonesport: Sep 2008
  • Intro Written Jul 12, 2012

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Jonesport

Have you been to Jonesport?

Latest Activity in Jonesport