"Panama Canal" Provincia de Panamá by CDM7
Provincia de Panamá Travel Guide: 539 reviews and 1,344 photos
The first firm effort to build an all water route through Panama began with the French in 1880,but financial problems and diseases made the idea fail.After its independence in 1903,Panama negotiated an agreement with the United States for canal construction and this would be finished in in 1914.The United States managed the waterway until 1999 when Panama took over full operation and maintenance of the canal.
- Pros:A trip worth doing.
- In a nutshell:The result of human ingenuity and courage.
CDM7's Related Pages
Provincia de Panamá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Panama Canal"
- "Brilliance of the Seas RC cruise"
- "Panama, My First Travel Experience"
- "Panama Canal - Cruise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Panamá
- Hotels in Provincia de Panamá
- Transportation in Provincia de Panamá
- Nightlife in Provincia de Panamá
- Restaurants in Provincia de Panamá
- Shopping in Provincia de Panamá
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Panamá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Panamá
- 1 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Provincia de Panamá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Panamá
Photos in Provincia de PanamáSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorset Intro, 19 reviews, 137 photos, 8 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 14 reviews, 122 photos, 8 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 16 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 91 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poole Intro, 11 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos
- Europe Intro, 57 photos, 9 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 7 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues