"Kimmeridge village and Bay." Kimmeridge by CDM7
Kimmeridge Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 87 photos
The small village of Kimmeridge is situated just 3.5 miles from Wareham,on the Jurassic Coast.The area is popular with walkers,scuba divers and surfers.South west of the village is the Kimmeridge Bay where you will find a marine nature reserve,which is excellent for snorkelling and diving.Large rock ledges act as natural jetties so from here you can observe the natural wildlife.At low tide it is also one of the best places in the country to go rockpooling.
Public transport is not available to Kimmeridge,and as the land by the sea is a privately owned estate a parking charge of £5 is required during the main season.
- Pros:Completely unspoilt village and coast.
- In a nutshell:A great place to be on a nice day.
The walk starts at the car park next to the Clavell Cafe,which is a lovely place for a coffee,lunch or cream tea.From... more travel advice
CDM7's Related Pages
Kimmeridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fossils, beaches and an abandoned village"
- "Fossil Hunting in Kimmeridge"
- "Kimmeridge = Kimmeridigian stage of Jurassic"
- "Kimmeridge village and Bay."
- "Kimmeridge & Tyneham"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kimmeridge
- Transportation in Kimmeridge
- Nightlife in Kimmeridge
- Restaurants in Kimmeridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Kimmeridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kimmeridge
- 2 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kimmeridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimmeridge
Photos in KimmeridgeSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorset Intro, 17 reviews, 122 photos, 7 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 14 reviews, 122 photos, 8 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 91 photos, 8 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 photos, 9 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poole Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wareham Intro, 4 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues