"Wareham Town,Dorset,England" Wareham by CDM7
Wareham Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 71 photos
An historic market town which is situated on the River Frome some 8 miles from Poole.The town is on the main line from London , and the station is a 5 minute walk from the town.Bikes can be hired from the cycle shop which is next to the railway station.Every Saturday a market takes place on the quay by the town bridge.
The towns oldest features are the town walls,which are earth ramparts surrounding the town,likely built by Alfred the Great in the 9th century to defend the town from the Danes.By 1762,a fire destroyed two thirds of the town and after this know more thatched roof properties were allowed.Subsequently the town was rebuilt in Georgian architecture.
- Pros:A nice place to live.
- Cons:Busy in Summer.
- In a nutshell:An old market town with history.
This inn dates from 1550 when it was originally built as four cottages.In 1860 it was converted into an inn,and it is... more travel advice
Situated on the outskirts of Wareham in Dorset,the forest is mainly heathland and pine woods.There are several parking... more travel advice
CDM7's Related Pages
Wareham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wareham Town,Dorset,England"
- "the place of romance"
- "Childhood memories of Wareham"
- "Chimps in the Drizzle, not Gorillas in the Mist!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wareham
- 4 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Wareham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wareham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorset Intro, 17 reviews, 122 photos, 7 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 14 reviews, 122 photos, 8 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 91 photos, 8 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 57 photos, 9 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poole Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wareham Intro, 4 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues