"DORSET,U.K .WHERE I LIVE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Dorset by CDM7

Dorset Travel Guide: 863 reviews and 2,308 photos

Dorset

Have lived in this lovely county since 1972!
Dorset borders the counties of Devon to the west,Somerset to the north west,Wiltshire to the north east and Hampshire to the east.Over half the area of Dorset is designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty and three quarters of the coastline is a world heritage site.There are three ports in Dorset at Poole,Weymouth and Portland,together with an international airport.The county consists mainly of small villages,with a few large towns and no cities.Agriculture used to be the main industry but tourism has now taken its place.

• Pros:Great coastline and beaches,quaint villages.
  • Cons:Can be busy in summer.
  • In a nutshell:A great place to live,but don't tell anyone.
  • Intro Written Dec 29, 2012

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You live is such a beautiful place. You have such lovely photo's and very help tips too! Excellent page!

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I love Dorset! Thanks for sharing your tips.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
      Sep 29, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I really would love to! If I ever find the time I'd like to hike the Southwest Coast Path which takes in all my favourite parts of England: Dorset, Cornwall, Devon!

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Yes,it would be a nice way of seeing these counties!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2013 at 9:50 PM

This is an excellent page, one I have enjoyed reading and viewing your lovely photo's. You live in a lovely area!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Nice to meet you Clive. Wow!! What a fantastic page! :o) I especially enjoyed reading about the old abandoned village. Your photos are lovely and videos just enough to wet our appetite :o) Great stuff!! Cheers, Ann.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Jul 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yes we should Clive. I have relatives in the Stenning area and I'd love to check out where my mother came from etc. One day...... Hey love your chopper pic! That's awesome! :o)

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:28 AM

It was an amazing experience flying up to and landing on Fox Glacier!Something I will never forget,with the bonus of perfect conditions.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Thanks for the introduction to your country, it looks very interesting :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Fine photos and tips from your home county!

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Thank you!I notice you have visited Edinburgh,perhaps you should try this part of the UK next time,am always telling myself how lucky i am living here.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
      Apr 24, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Yes, my younger son studied in Edinburgh. Also my daughter went to school for two years on the Isle of Wight, but that was before I got a digital camera and joined VirtualTourist. Also I used to take groups to Birmingham in the summers, because Frankfurt and Birmingham are partner cities.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2013 at 3:46 AM

some nice spots here in your page Ive not been to or heard about - I have a friend in Bournemouth who Ive visited quite often and weve driven around some interesting places. Have you been to the Twyneham abandoned vilalge. nice here in your page photos too thanks

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Thanks for visiting my Dorset pages .I often think of how lucky I am to live somewhere like this.Have had another lovely day today visiting the Abel Tasman national park and even managed to see dolphins.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Feb 27, 2013 at 4:56 AM

great to have been getting updates from you along your trip here. and i often think how lucky I am to have NZ as a place I can come home to!

CDM7

“Enjoy your Planet your only here once.”

Badges & Stats in Dorset