"Tièbèle - The South of Burkinba Faso" Tiebele Corabie by The_Capricorn
Tiebele Corabie Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 36 photos
The Tièbèle's Cour Royale - the colorful and fortress-like windowless traditional houses of the Kassenas
After construction, the Kassena women makes murals on the walls using colored mud and white chalk by use of guinea-fowl feathers. The motifs and symbols are either taken from everyday life, or from religion and belief. The finished wall is then carefully burnished with stones. Finally, the entire surface is coated with a natural varnish made by boiling pods of néré, the African locust bean tree.
Kassena people build their houses entirely of local materials, that are earth, wood, straw and dung.
Front doors are only about three feet tall, which keeps the sun out and makes enemies difficult to strike. Enemies who like to enter the house have to bend down deeply, so the residents are easily able to kill the intruder by a deadly strike .
A special experience for safari lover's provides the Ranch de Nazinga in the south of Burkina Faso, near the village Pô,... more travel advice
If you look for an authentic overnight stay, than you will be well accommodated at the rasta-man's guesthouse. This is a... more travel advice
The_Capricorn's Related Pages
Tiebele Corabie Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tiebele Corabie
- 4 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Tiebele Corabie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiebele Corabie
- Posted in Travel Garmisch-Partenkirchen Forum "Re: Question about Zugspitze..."
- Commented on one of sachara's Tiebele Corabie tips
- Uploaded a Video to Tiebele Corabie
- Wrote a Review Safari at the Nazinga Ranch in Tiebele Corabie Things to Do
- updated a Tiebele Corabie Travel Page "Tièbèle - The South of Burkinba Faso"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tièbèle - The South of Burkinba Faso"
Photos in Tiebele CorabieSee All Photos (23)
Videos in Tiebele CorabieSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Djibouti Intro, 114 photos, 14 travelogues
- Dolomiti Intro, 1 review, 56 photos, 6 travelogues
- Gaoua Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Fichtelgebirge Intro, 2 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ouagadougou Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Massif du Mont Blanc Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tiebele Corabie Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Lienz Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Burkina Faso Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bobo-Dioulasso Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos