"RJ1967's new Pueblo Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Pueblo by RJ1967

Pueblo Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 44 photos

Welcome to my city

Pueblo, Colorado is my new hometown. It's in the southern part of the state, about 120mi/200km south of Denver. Summer time temperatures are between 95-105F/35-40C. Pueblo is an ordinary middle American town. We don't have an Empire State Building or a Golden Gate Bridge, but we do have a new River Walk area, a shopping mall, a few hotels and many restaurants, two colleges and we hold a really big Hot Rod Show in the summer. We are also home to the Colorado State Fair - held the last two weeks in August every year

Based on the comments and emails I have recieved regarding this page I felt compelled to write a few comments from a locals point of view. This is a city of 100.000 ppl, most of whom are pensioners. There are 2 colleges here with a total of about 6.000 students. The economy here isn't very good. Jobs are hard to come by and good jobs are even harder to come by. Most people I know have two jobs and sometimes three just to make ends meet. Many of the students I go to school with have plans to move away when they are finished with school. There are 2 major cities nearby where the economy is better and it is easier to find good jobs.

While this city does have some difficulties, not everything is bad. There's no traffic, no pollution, and the drivers are friendly to pedestrians and bicyclists. The cost of living is very low compared to the bigger cities in the state. The crime rate is low. I see no reason why someone wouldn't be safe walking down Union St or the riverwalk after dark.

• Pros:Nice quiet, slower paced city
  • Cons:Very hot summers
  • In a nutshell:Longer you stay, the more it grows on ya.
  • Last visit to Pueblo: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2003

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Always enjoy reading about locations where members live. My husband has been to Pueblo back in the 1960's and says he enjoyed it. Helpful tips...Love the County Courthouse! Nice B&B also.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Hmm, $25 per day to rent a bicycle = 17.63 Euros. The most I've ever paid over here was 14 Euros for a day in Munich. I've been to Pueblo, by the way, but just passing through on the way to Raton, New Mexico. -- Good luck on your big bike tour in March!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 9:42 PM

I got a speeding ticket while passing through Las Vegas, NM! Aaaah, fond memories indeed! It IS on my list of places to explore - a rich history and pretty surroundings :)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 9:13 PM

i read tips about your hometown with interest. how far are you from denver? we visited denver in september last year.

• Apr 3, 2007 at 2:49 PM

The Pantry accepts credit cards.

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2004 at 3:15 AM

Charming place, I hope more people will stay and enjoy its peace and safety + better future. So what if there is only 1 airline - we don't have domestic flights here! : )))

• TropicGirl77's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 2:19 PM

WOW ... there's definitely more than meets the eye when driving through Pueblo! Thanks, and now for the Royal Gorge!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 10:26 AM

What a lot of libraries! Great!

• Jul 1, 2003 at 8:36 AM

Came here to check your updates. Congratulations... I got a girl here, Hasnia that wants to go visit. Shes never been in a rodeo... watch out.. shes a fire girl... I will tell her to email you. Hot cookie that one.

• Jun 6, 2003 at 7:47 PM

I never knew Pueblo was that great of a place;)

RJ1967 Used To Live Here!

RJ1967

“Park your car, ride a bike”

Badges & Stats in Pueblo