"RJ1967's new Pueblo Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Pueblo by RJ1967
Pueblo Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 45 photos
Pueblo, Colorado is my new hometown. It's in the southern part of the state, about 120mi/200km south of Denver. Summer time temperatures are between 95-105F/35-40C. Pueblo is an ordinary middle American town. We don't have an Empire State Building or a Golden Gate Bridge, but we do have a new River Walk area, a shopping mall, a few hotels and many restaurants, two colleges and we hold a really big Hot Rod Show in the summer. We are also home to the Colorado State Fair - held the last two weeks in August every year
Based on the comments and emails I have recieved regarding this page I felt compelled to write a few comments from a locals point of view. This is a city of 100.000 ppl, most of whom are pensioners. There are 2 colleges here with a total of about 6.000 students. The economy here isn't very good. Jobs are hard to come by and good jobs are even harder to come by. Most people I know have two jobs and sometimes three just to make ends meet. Many of the students I go to school with have plans to move away when they are finished with school. There are 2 major cities nearby where the economy is better and it is easier to find good jobs.
While this city does have some difficulties, not everything is bad. There's no traffic, no pollution, and the drivers are friendly to pedestrians and bicyclists. The cost of living is very low compared to the bigger cities in the state. The crime rate is low. I see no reason why someone wouldn't be safe walking down Union St or the riverwalk after dark.
- Pros:Nice quiet, slower paced city
- Cons:Very hot summers
- In a nutshell:Longer you stay, the more it grows on ya.
There are many of these smaller type playgrounds spread throughout the city. Mineral Palace Park (8th & Santa Fe) and... more travel advice
RJ1967's Related Pages
Pueblo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RJ1967's new Pueblo Page"
- "Pew Town"
- "Regular visitor to Pueblo"
- "Pueblo, Colorado"
- "MichaelT40's Pueblo Page"
- "John195123's new Pueblo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pueblo
- Hotels in Pueblo
- Transportation in Pueblo
- Restaurants in Pueblo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pueblo
- 20 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pueblo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pueblo
Top 10 Pages
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 21 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pueblo Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Idaho Springs Intro, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vail Intro, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dillon Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Springs Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue