"More About Camp Will--A-Way" Fort Yargo State Park by TravelCool

Fort Yargo State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I've been to Camp Will-A-Way many times. I fell in love with the camp in 1991. Flash forward to Mother's Day weekend, 2003. I brought my harmonica. My brother-in--law Jason brought a song he and I wrote that was put on CD. It's the official camp song now. Everyone enjoyed my music.

• Pros:beautiful outdoor scenery
  • Cons:Are you kidding?
  • In a nutshell:It's the best I've ever seen!
  • Last visit to Fort Yargo State Park: May 2003
  • Intro Written May 13, 2003

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 3:38 PM

That is a great tip and a wonderful memory Drew. Glad you got to go, and great job on the music too!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2004 at 2:03 PM

I bought a harmonica and tried to learn to play it, but it tickled my lips too much. Would love to see you dancing with all the lovely ladies.

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 12:49 PM

The camp sounds great. I love state parks. So you write music! Very cool! I don't even know how to read music..

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 1:54 PM

So you even have a song recorded on CD? No wonder those ladies are spinning around you!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2003 at 1:00 PM

I'd like to see dancing Fonzie and surely those innocent ladies :-))) It's a pity we can't download sounds on VT - I'd like to hear your song hehe :-))

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2003 at 12:14 AM

I've had a harmonica for 20 years but still can't play a song on it!! The only instrument I can play is the radio but I can play it LOUD!! I love spending time at State Parks! I go to Fort Abercrombie State Park alot here in Kodiak!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2003 at 3:55 PM

FONZIE's the coolest!! So if you're like Fonzie, is that why you're called "TravelCool?" Sounds like you had a great day at camp Drew!!!

TravelCool

“See the person, not the wheelchair.”

Badges & Stats in Fort Yargo State Park

Have you been to Fort Yargo State Park?