"Let's have fun in Cagayan De Oro!" Cagayan de Oro City by marlo.flores
Cagayan de Oro City Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 643 photos
Cagayan de Oro City is home to some of the most scenic and exhilarating whitewater rafting and dubbed as the “adventure capital” in the Philippines.
It is the gateway of the northern Mindanao. This Philippine city resembled something close to a picturesque, rural town just a few years back. In recent days though, Cagayan de Oro – or CDO, as most of the other Pinoys are wont to call it – has experienced a rather startling makeover, pushing the bar between a rural-urban hybrids, where downtown certainly looks the part while the suburbs are the most secluded gated subdivisions one could ever try trekking to.
Whitewater rafting is a challenging recreational activity utilizing a raft to navigate a river or other bodies of water. This is usually done on whitewater or different degrees of rough water the purpose of which is to thrill and excite the raft passengers. The development of this activity as a leisure sport has become popular in Cagayan de Oro since then.
Day 1: Saturday
7:55 AM Airphil flies to CDO
9:20 AM Arrive at CDO
9:30 AM Take Jeepney From CDO airport to Carmen ( P 16.00 fare )
11:00AM Take jeepney from Carmen to Cathedral, walk to Divisoria
12:00PM Check in to Mass-Specs ( P250 each, dormitory type, Aircon room) Go straight to bus station going to Iligan City, Since theres no bus, you can rent a van, fare is P140 each
2:30PM Arrival at Iligan City, jump off point of Tinago Falls, take "habal- habal" ( motorcycle ride ) going to the site ( P20 each )
4:30PM Go to next waterfalls site, Maria Crisitina Falls ( P50 each, from Jump
Off point of Tinago, to Maria Cristina and then back to national road)
5:30PM Go back to Cagayan De Oro City, took FX for P140 each
7:30PM Arrival time at CDO 8:00PM Dinner at Botoys ( 1 whole chicken is only P135.00!!!!)
11:00PM Lights out
Day 2: Sunday
8:00AM Pick up point for river rafting ( Rafting cost P700 for basic, additional P150 for buffet lunch)
9:30AM Start rafting, basic category has 14 rapids
01:00PM Bukidnon and Dahilayan Trip
Day 3: Monday
CDO City tour
12:00 pm Lunch
2 PM going back to airport
Home sweet Home =)
Kagayanons were the term to call people from Cagayan de Oro. Their using Cebuano, Tagalog or Bisaya as there main dialect. However, most people understand and widely using english in schools, media, government and some other comercial transactions. Cagayan de Oro is a gateway to other destinations in Northern Mindanao because of its location and good transportation facilities. It was popularly known as The City of Golden Friendship because Kagayanons were warm and hospitable people.
- Pros:Fun, adventure, and the great outdoors!
- Cons:Everyone must consider the weather condition.
- In a nutshell:Nice people! Truly a City of Golden Friendship!
marlo.flores' Related Pages
Cagayan de Oro City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cagayan De Oro - Extreme Adventures Haven!"
- "Wet and wild"
- "Exploring CDO"
- "cagayan de oro ....adventure capital"
- "Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship 3"
- "Rough, Wild & Wet Cagayan de Oro"
- "Canopy Walking in Cagayan De Oro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cagayan de Oro City
- Hotels in Cagayan de Oro City
- Transportation in Cagayan de Oro City
- Nightlife in Cagayan de Oro City
- Restaurants in Cagayan de Oro City
- Shopping in Cagayan de Oro City
- Warnings and Dangers in Cagayan de Oro City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cagayan de Oro City
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cagayan de Oro City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cagayan de Oro City
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: Diving and budget"
- Commented on one of marlo.flores's Cagayan de Oro City travel pages
- updated a Cagayan de Oro City Travel Page "Let's have fun in Cagayan De Oro!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Let's have fun in Cagayan De Oro!"
- Uploaded a Video to Cagayan de Oro City
Photos in Cagayan de Oro CitySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Makati Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Manila Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Lingayen Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Lumban Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Zambales Mountains Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Province of Cavite 1 review, 5 photos
- Palo 1 review, 5 photos