"Jining - the Ridge Part along Grand Canal in China" Jining by Adam-Yu
Jining Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Bordered by the Yellow River in the north and Weishan Lake in the south, Jining is located in the sothwest in Shandong Province with the population of 8,313,100 and the area of 11,000 skm. It is the central city in the south of Shangdong Province. With around 7000 years civilization history, it is a important birthplace of oriental civilization. Chinese ancestors - Fuxi, Nuwa, Huangdi, Shaogao, Shaokang were born in the current Jining area. In the Spring Autumn and Warring States period, 5 Confucian Saints - Confucius, Mencius, Yanzi, Zenzi and Zisi were also totally born here. - The birthplace of Confucius is Qufu City. The birthplace of Mencius is Zhou County. Both of them are inside the current Jining area.) 2 most famous ancient poets: Li Bai and Du Fu have also left their footprints in Jining around 1200 years ago.
Adam-Yu's Related Pages
Jining Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jining - the Ridge Part along Grand Canal in China"
- Create a Jining Travel Page
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jining
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Jining?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jining
- updated a Jining Travelogue "Grand Canal Tour in China 10 –Jining Tour - Day 14"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grand Canal Tour in China 10 –Jining Tour - Day 14"
Photos in JiningSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Suzhou Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Qufu Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tianjin Shi Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Huai'an Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Changzhou Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yangzhou Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liaocheng Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hangzhou Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wuxi Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.