"Xuzhou - a City in the Middle of 4 Provinces" Xuzhou by Adam-Yu
Xuzhou Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 72 photos
Xuzhou is located in the north of Jiangsu Province, near Shangdong Province, Anhui Province and Henan Province. In Jiangsu Province, it is the biggest City in the north of Yangtze River. The area covers 11,258 square meters and the popullation is 9,410,000 (until 2008).
Xuzhou is the origin of Pengzu Culture and Han Dynasty Culture (202BC-220AD).
The ancient name of Xuzhou is Peng City with over 5000 years civilization history. Xuzhou town can be dated back to the Grand Peng's State in Emperor Yao's Reign around 4000 years ago. The founder of Peng's State is Mr. Peng Zu who was thought as the founder of Chinese Cooking and Qigong (the breath exercise). Peng Zu's influence is great. He was highly regarded by Confucius, and thought as the one of the founders of taoist theory. Liu Bang, the first Emperor, was also born here. After 4 years war (between BC 206 and 202 BC) against King of West Chu - Genearal Xiang Yu, Liu Bang set up Han Dynasty. At that time, there are two powerful empiry in the world: ancient Roman Empire in the west and Han Dynasty in the East. This is why the majority of Chinese named ourselves as Han Nationality. Now although it is hardly to find the relics from Han Dynasty on the ground, many tombs of the kings who control this area in the Han Dynasty were found and many precious relics of Han Dynasty (202BC-220AD) were found. Now Xuzhou is famous for the Kings Tombs in Han Dynasty, Tomb Stone Picture Carvings of Han Dynasty and the Terra-Cotta Warriors and Horses of Han Dynasty. It is said in China, we can know 100 years history in Shanghai. 700 years history in Beijing, 1300 years history in Xi'an, but if we want to know 2000 years history, we should visit Xuzhou. For Xuzhou is the original Han Dynasty Culture and now we still can find many relics of Han Dynasty.
Adam-Yu's Related Pages
Xuzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province"
- "Hometown of Liu Bang -- Founder of Han Dynasty"
- "Visit to Xuzhou"
- "Xuzhou - a City in the Middle of 4 Provinces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xuzhou
- Transportation in Xuzhou
- Restaurants in Xuzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Xuzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xuzhou
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Xuzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xuzhou
- updated a Xuzhou Travelogue "Grand Canal Tour in China 9 – Xuzhou Tour - Day 13"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grand Canal Tour in China 9 – Xuzhou Tour - Day 13"
Photos in XuzhouSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Suzhou Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Qufu Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tianjin Shi Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Huai'an Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yangzhou Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Changzhou Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liaocheng Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hangzhou Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wuxi Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.