"Changzhou" Changzhou by Adam-Yu
Changzhou Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 89 photos
Changzhou, nicknamed the Dragon Town, is a Prefecture city with a history of 2,500 years. With its jurisdiction, Changzhou has a population of 3.5 million and the land mass is 4,375 square kilometers. The city is located in the middle of two major metropolises, Nanjing and Shanghai, about 150 km away from either of both. It is situated in the downstream of Yangtze River Drainage Basin and on the southern bank of the Yangtze River and it has been a national tourist hub and one of national and provincial industrial centers.
The earliest history of Changzhou started at the beginning of the Western Zhou Dynasty and the original town was founded as a Chinese commandery in 221 B.C. Changzhou got its current name, ordinary prefecture, in 589 A.D., and after the Grand Canal was constructed, the town became a canal port and a transshipment point. In the 1920s, Changzhou started to attract mill owners for cotton industry and the industry finally made Changzhou a national textile center in China.
Changzhou City is one of Jiangsu thirteen prefecture-level cities which administers five old municipal districts and two county-level cities.
Adam-Yu's Related Pages
Changzhou Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Changzhou
- Hotels in Changzhou
- Restaurants in Changzhou
- Shopping in Changzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Changzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changzhou
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Changzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changzhou
- created a Changzhou Travelogue "Grand Canal Tour in China 4–Changzhou Tour-Day5 -2"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grand Canal Tour in China 4–Changzhou Tour-Day5 -2"
Photos in ChangzhouSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Suzhou Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Qufu Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tianjin Shi Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Huai'an Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Changzhou Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yangzhou Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liaocheng Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hangzhou Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wuxi Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xuzhou Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.