"St. George, Utah's southern outpost." Saint George by Talshiarr
Saint George Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 72 photos
St. George is unlike any other town in Utah because of its elevation and climate. It sits just over 2,000 feet and has more in common with Las Vegas and Mesquite, Nevada than the rest of Utah. The red rock surroundings are fabulous to look at and drive through.
Itw as originally settled by the Mormons in 1861 as a stopping point on the intended trading route to the Pacific Ocean in California. The region is called Utah's Dixie because cotton and other heat tolerant crops had to be grown early on. Population in the late-90's was just over 46,000 making it a major Utah city.
Head east and visit Zion National Park. St. George isn't the closest possible spot to base from, but it's the most... more travel advice
Talshiarr's Related Pages
Saint George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. George - home of my best friends :-)"
- "Gateway to Canyon Country"
- "Utah retreat"
- "Granger44's Saint George Page"
- "Southern Utah"
- "St. George"
- "St. George, Utah's southern outpost."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint George
- Hotels in Saint George
- Transportation in Saint George
- Restaurants in Saint George
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint George
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Saint George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint George
Photos in Saint GeorgeSee All Photos (2)
Top 5 Pages
- Salt Lake City Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Beaver Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Murray Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Mount Pleasant Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Saint George Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos