"If you're in Salt Lake already, why not visit Murr" Murray by Talshiarr
Murray Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Murray is a smallish suburb of Salt Lake with appx. 35,000 people. It had, until August of this year, two of the most obvious landmarks on the Salt Lake City skyline. Murray was a mining town in its infancy, smelting copper and other metals from ore hauled in from the mountains. To clear the pollution, two monstrous smoke stacks were built in 1907 and 1918. They stood until August when, after two years of meetings and debates, they were torn down to make way for more business. And money, as you know, always seems to take precedence over history. This picture shows the stacks as they were.
Murray is best reached by car or bus by going down State Street from downtown Salt Lake City for the time being. The... more travel advice
The Golden Isle is a small Chinese restaurant with a huge menu and incredibly low prices. The first thing you see when... more travel advice
Talshiarr's Related Pages
Murray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If you're in Salt Lake already, why not visit Murr"
- Create a Murray Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Murray
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Murray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murray
- Wrote a Review Murray is best reached by car... in Murray Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Murray is best reached by car..."
- created a Murray Travel Page "If you're in Salt Lake already, why not visit Murr"
Photos in MurraySee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Salt Lake City Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Beaver Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Mount Pleasant Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Murray Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Saint George Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos