"Willkommen in Wien!" Vienna by Hiiemae

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,579 reviews and 19,136 photos

The most beautiful cities are crying when i come..

.. because everytime it's rainning. Not so lucky tourist i am :D But, as i like to say, those cities are just crying, because i'm leaving them!

Even it was very very cold, windy, rainy, wet and dark - i fall in love with the city. (maybe that hot sweet wine fixed everything?!)

I spent in Vienna a weekend :) It was my old dream from little days. I imagined that Vienna is so bright & musical, classical & growing... I felt right!

When the next time i will be kissed by Mozart in the rain???????!

Vienna is cute. Tidy. If i would give a colour to this city, it would be yellow :)))

As always i didn't have a map and was walking around. Buss let me go in Prater.. Heart of Vienna. So i took some hot wine and started my trip :) The old couple who sold it had some national costume, really beauty.. still regret that didnt make a picture. And i thought - one glass of wine would be easy.. but the glass was bigger than me! B) Even home made sandwitches seemed better with it.

Tasted beer, pizza, coffee, sweets... It was 2 weeks after Christmas, but the spirit was on air. In Prater yard was so nice and big Christmas tree :)))

meeting Wien felt like meeting an old friend in new suit :)))

Locals say that it's better to come back in summer, when all attractions are opened, then it's much better. I was there on January... Because around Prater placed millions of attractions, carousels and other entertainments :) Sure i will come back!

And You can always feel safe in Wien, because i know paramedics there. Ambulance is professional and just perfect.

*** Will add tips from Wien next day :]

• Last visit to Vienna: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2012

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Hey, I'm pleased you had fun in Vienna. I hope to visit next year in May or June. That's a great photo with Mozart! :D

Hiiemae

“The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.”

Badges & Stats in Vienna