"Laoag City..the Marcos county.." Laoag by rairaiken

Laoag Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 115 photos

24 hours awake!!

So I decided to pursue my travel alone since my bestfriend bailed out on me. It was her birthday last 03/11/12 and I booked a ticket last January so we can bond together however she decided not to go since her parents ask her to celebrate at home. Initial plan was to go to enchanted kingdom, palawan and watch eat bulaga live. ( it's my favorite noontime show..i love the pinoy henyo segment)..I can always go to Manila and what normally happens when I'm there is we just party and get drunk..This time I want adventure! I've been googling for months already and I stumbled in some blogs about Ilocos and I felt excited..I read a blog by Chyng Reyes( http://www.chyngreyes.com ) when she went to Ilocos and she was alone so I thought I can do this. My sisters and boyfriend were hesitant about my plan since I'm a girl and it's scary.My other sister said my intestines will be taken off and be sold in black market just like in the movie TURISTAS (puhleeesee?!!)I was planning to take a plane to manila then travel by bus to laoag which would take around 10 hours. I told them i've been to Singapore alone and Laoag is part of the Philippines, what worse could happen to me. They said it's scary since I might get lost and sometimes I can also be stupid..lolz..( it's true ) Well nothing can stop me, what Rhea wants Rhea gets. So everything was ready, clothes are packed; itouch ready and charged; cellphone ;chargers ;tripod; camera;tickets;itinerary..check..check..check..also I already called my tour guides in Ilocos and everyting is good to go. I got off work at 11:30 pm..went home to shower and get my things..at 2:30 am I was on my way to the airport with my loving boyfriend to send me off..4:10 am plane took off to Manila. Around 5:30 am I was waiting for my friend Katrina who's from Manila and she's going to accompany me while waiting for my next flight. We had breakfast at UCC Café Terrace - Resorts World Manila..very cool place..chatted until 10:00 am and she took me back to NAIA 3..So I was at the airport again waiting for my next flight to Laoag since I decided to just ride a plane going there because I don't want to exhaust myself too much from the start of my adventure..At last at 12:25 I am off to Laoag..

Laoag baby!!

After an hour we landed Laoag, their airport was small just like what we have in Cagayan de Oro. There were a few tourist in the area and good thing there was a free bus courtesy of Congresswoman Imee Marcos that would bring us to our hotels. I already called Hotel Tiffany to make the reservation and I got a single bed room with private bath for P695.00. when I reached the hotel I immediately checked in and to my surprise I got a 2 bed room for the same price..hehe..I think they ran out of a single room. The hotel look great from the outside, there was a diner downstairs and it looks really pretty. The room was okay, it's clean and the walls have cute designs. You can leave the a/c on so when you get back the room will be cold. I washed my face and I was ready to start my tour, it was already 2 pm and I already called my tour guide and ask him if we can still make the tour for 2-3 hours and he said yes. Gosh my head was spinning that time, I haven't had any sleep and I was hungry but I must take the tour first since I was only in town for the day.

The tour package..

So this is the list of the interesting places I visited:sinking bell tower
saint william cathedral
museo iloko
malacanang of the north
paoay church
marcos museum
marcos photo gallery
FOR TOUR ARRANGEMENTS YOU MAY CONTACT KUYA WAWIE AT 09069729377,SULIT!!This place is really nice.it goes to show how influencial the late president have been.
It was great and I was really happy that we were able to accomplish the tour in 2-3 hours. The package cost P600 and i gave an extra tip of P100. My tour driver was kuya Wawie and I was surpised because he was really good in holding my DSLR and I didn't have to setup my tripod since he volunteered to take pictures of me, I guess he had no choice lolz..He was knowledgeable on the events of the Marcos's lives and about the history of the places we visited. I would really recommend kuya Wawie's service. He told me where to go to catch the bus going to Pagudpud. He dropped me off to the hotel and i went to the diner to eat. I ordered a sizzling steak but it wasn't good. the place was cool but I don't think their food was that great. I was still hungry so i strolled the area and found a street food stall and I bought an Empanada. I was great, I was loking for that since it was famous. I head back to my room, showered and made calls then got ready to sleep since there's nothing else to do, I'm up for another adventure in the morning. i was such a scaredy cat,back at home i cannot sleep with the lights on and with noises but when I am in a hotel or somewhere else for an overnight especially if I'm alone I leave the lights and tv on or when I shower I leave the door open even if I have friends with me haha. I'm crazy..Anyways Im off to dreamland tomorrow is another day....

• Pros:It's cheap..the tourist sports are not far..laid back town..
  • Cons:nothing else to do..no wifi in the area :(..
  • In a nutshell:Almost everyone in Laoag loves the Marcos, you see their pictures everywhere..
  • Last visit to Laoag: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2012

rairaiken

“google is your friend.. do not be afraid to hit the search button :_”

Ranked Member